everybody with 20's and 35 plus tires

Farmer

I am wanting to put 20s and 37/13.50 on my 03 and I have talked to a few local guys and they r saying to stay away from them because they r just to hard on the hub assemblys and all the streeing componets in short time. Anybody have any of these problems with in the first year or so?

So far the only issues I have is the trackbar needs to be tightened about every couple months. I have had the truck over a year now with around 36000 miles on it. 32000 miles of that has been with 35" tires and 20" wheels.

No problems with almost 70,000 on the truck. Tires and wheels have been on since the truck began its life. 35s on 20s.

My truck has had 22.5' alcoa and is now on the stocks with 315/70/17. The alcoas are real hard on components and I never had a problem. Had them on for 12,000 miles now going 9000 w/ the current setup.

i have 20's with 37x13.5 tires. i have been running this set-up since i had about 35,000, now I have 92,000. Ball joints were hammered at 90,000. I don't put all of the blame on the wheels and tires though because as Pete said above
nummit said:
Stock wheel bearings and ball joints are junk anyway
I haven't had a wheel bearing or any other issues though.

my truck has had 37" tall tires since 5000 miles. It now has 45000 or 48000, cant remember. I was running 20's but now Im running 22's. My old truck 2002had 38x15.5x18 since day one and it had 78000 on the spedo and front end was fine when I sold it. the truck before that had also 38's on it nad had no trouble. 3 trucks no trouble

when i had my 03, i ran 20's & 37's for 50k miles. never any problems.

heres mine with only a leveling kit and i rub my leafsprings a little but other then that there awsome!

partscar006.jpg

partscar004.jpg

I think a lot depends on how you drive it. If you stay on the road and don't drive like an a$$, they should be fine. The stock front end will degrade if you beat on it. Larger wheels/tires and wider tires will accelerate that, NO DOUBT. The people that have had no problems are driving mostly road and not beating on it. The front end will have problems even stock if you do a lot of off road. Some of my buddies do that and they replace a lot of front end stuff with things like Dynatrac, etc. If you are just going to run on the street and not beat on it, you will be fine.

Ralph

I have 20' rims with 37" Mud grapplers... I stay out of the mud and have about 30,000 miles with this set up and NO PROBLEMS

I had 20" and 36's,...and now I have 20's and 39.5" tires....no issues.....he's needs to lay off the crack pipe...

It is offset that causes the problems,..not wheel size.

Best thing to keep the parts alive is simply always be rolling if even the slightest when you turn your wheel. Stationary turning is murder on the pump, steering box and the wheel bearings! Thats a big part of the difference in guys whose parts live long and those that die early.

Best thing to keep the parts alive is simply always be rolling if even the slightest when you turn your wheel. Stationary turning is murder on the pump, steering box and the wheel bearings! Thats a big part of the difference in guys whose parts live long and those that die early.

hes 100% correct

Back