Excursion owners look here.

12vriviera

That Guy with that car
My wife has an 03 4x4 excursion.. It was pretty hairy driving around, as many of you know.
I installed a set of KYB monomax shocks on it yesterday.
Hands down the biggest difference i have ever seen in a vehicle with one mod.
The stocker shocks weren't quite worn out, but the difference is huge. A lot more stable on the road, almost no wander now. And it seems to have lifted the vehicle about an inch or so.
I got them from RockAuto.com for 50 bucks each with a 5 percent coupon code from built with blood.com.
If you are looking for a little more, check them out!

Also installed a set of powerstop rotors and pads from rockauto as well. I can now lock up all 4 wheels with ease. Also a far cry from the stock parts. And at 322 for all 4 corners,a great bargain to boot!

I'm torn on what shocks to go with on mine. I've heard good things about the Bilsteins that Cary Towry has custom valved just for Excursions.

Good to know the KYB's make a big difference.

For the performance, cost, and warranty, you can't really beat the kyb's. Though i am sure the more expensive options will do very well. Will see how long these last now!

I usually go with KYB's if I'm ordering parts from rockauto. They are definitely great for the cost!

We just put the F250 springs (Front and back) in a friend Excursion. He went with Rancho 9000's. The ride was so much better and the front didn't bottom out anymore.

We just put the F250 springs (Front and back) in a friend Excursion. He went with Rancho 9000's. The ride was so much better and the front didn't bottom out anymore.
I was looking into doing that to mine...... Until i put these shocks on!
They may settle out over time.. But as of now,i can't get it to bottom out...

Back