Exergy Sportsman cp3 low rail pressure

halfton12valve

It's been a while since my last post here..

It's a 05 cummins pulling workstock "stock turbo" class with smarty tnt-r tuning, I just installed a sportsman cp3 since they fuel higher rpm and flow about 15% more. At WOT I see 22-23k as soon as it shifts into OD it falls to around 19k, exactly the same than my stock cp3 did, is this normal?

Things already tried, capped off fuel rail, FP is around 15-17 psi and tried many settings in smarty with no luck

The sportsman pump flow about 1.5 tune the fuel at 4500 rpms. As long as you are around the stock rpm it is going to give you about the same results as a stock pump would.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have that psi at idle..haven't checked at wot since I don't have a fuel psi gauge inside the cab..ill check that tomorrow

I don't plan on keeping it capped, just gave it a shot to see if rail pressure would go up..but no..

This is reason I don't like having my customers have rail pressure guages. Most likely that's exactly the rail pressure that is being demanded so that's what your gonna have. Sell the smarty and go to hp tuners so you can data log it.

FP idle 16 psi, at WOT lowest I get is 10 psi..I think that shouldn't be the problem then..

I have a edge cts2 I can data log with would that help?? How much hp could I gain switching to hp tuners..heard nothing but good things about them!

FP idle 16 psi, at WOT lowest I get is 10 psi..I think that shouldn't be the problem then..

I have a edge cts2 I can data log with would that help?? How much hp could I gain switching to hp tuners..heard nothing but good things about them!
Its not about the hp going to HP tuners. You need to get the issue solved first in my eyes. It should be calling for more the 19k. I know my truck that had TNT-R would hold 26k all day long, never touched the plug on the rail. That was with bag o parts and 125hp nozzles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Still having this issue, after installing bag of parts to the cp3 didn't gain 1k psi rail pressure :-( so what else can be causing this?? 19k at wot seems low to me!! Cp3 is new..time to check injectors?? Bad connecting tube??

Your going to have to hook it to something that can show actual vs demanded rail pressure. That way if all its asking get for is 19k then the pump is doing what it's supposed to, but if it's asking for 24k but only giving 19k then you have a fuel system problem. You can't just throw parts at it and expect to fix it, at least not cheaply or easily.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

Bag of parts did nothing but empty your wallet.... Exergy about the same.... My Guess cross tube(s)

Back