Exhaust bolts

dmax84

Wet Behind the Ears
I was just wondering what the point is of having the rule that state 2 bolts must be placed through the exhuast as close to the turbo as feasible. I know most org's rules state this for almost all of their classes. I understand most of the rules but not this one. Any input??

So if the turbo wheel breaks there is something there to stop it from going it the stands and hurting someone.

now how to make the exhaust not leak around the bolts

Weld 'em, but then they'd probably want you to pull the DP to make sure you didn't just weld a couple nuts and the heads of the bolts to the pipe.

Just make sure you use the correct sized drill bit for the bolt you are gonna use. I have 1/2 inch bolts in mine with a flat washer on each side. No problems leaking for quite some time now.

Just make sure you use the correct sized drill bit for the bolt you are gonna use. I have 1/2 inch bolts in mine with a flat washer on each side. No problems leaking for quite some time now.

I just ran a small bead around the nut and the bolt head if they wanna protest that they ain't there I reckon they can pull the downpipe and check lol

Ditto and then I wrapped the exhaust as well just looks like four bumps under the wrap but nobody has ever protested it :)

BBD

i used the exhaust wrap as the seal and it has not leaked yet. and its also a good way of covering up ugly welds

026.jpg
[/IMG]

Back