Exhaust Brake

BigBadDodge

Looking for one for my 2006 with a manual tranny, would you go PacBrake or BD and why?

BBD

I am leaning toward the Pacbrake, I also found some stock Mopar Jake brakes brand new on ebay but those run off of vacuum not air.

BBD

I had a Jacobs on my 99 and it worked very well.

The E-Brake on my 06 is the standard Pac, I took it off my 05 before trade in time. After a total of 83k miles the brake is still working like the day I bought it.

I have installed a couple of the Pac PRXB's and they are much better than mine. You can't go wrong with a Pac-Brake! Talk to Jim "jleg" on the TDR, he's a good guy to deal with.

I love my Pacbrake. Install was easy too, took an afternoon of leisurely work.

Can't say enough about rolling down multimile 6-8% grades grossing 20k and having to turn the exhaust brake off periodically to maintain my downhill speed.

scott, i have had 2 prxb's. one turbo mount and now remote for the twins. i love it.
i like the air actuation, allows me to run other items.. and the vacuum operated pump is always running when the truck is, so to me, that's constantly wearing out...
the fit and finish of the pacbrake units is excellent.

Scott, I got the PAC Brake PRXB on my MegaCab and it is great product. I got to try out the factory brake that is offered on the new trucks and the PAC brake out performs it by far. Very easy to install, took me about 3 hours, removing the plastic inner fender wells makes things a lot easier to get the brake installed, run your air lines and get it wired up to the ECM.
Like RankRam mentioned go through Jim @ Pacific Clutch and Brake. He gives TDR members the special price of just under $1K for the whole kit. I recommend getting the shifter switch rather than the dash switch. It makes it it much easier to engage the brake whenever you need it. His TDR name is "jelag." If you want the air bags for the rear he will also give you a smokin' price, I am still saving for those though, I need 'em when I tow to keep the rear end up.

Joe

I am fixing to get a Pacbrake PXRB for my 04. Are yall having to do anything to your stock valve train or will it hold up?

Thanks
Lynn

I have a pac brake which i love and I have had to repair and work on quite a few bd brakes. Not saying theres arent a good product i just know from the 4 or 5so that I've fixed. Never had a customer say a bad thing about a pacbrake though

I have the BD brake but use Pacs compressor and 2.5gal remote tank system to charge it.
I didn't like the fact that the BD system required the compressor to build up enough air pressure every time to activate the brake making the brake come on progressively and late. With the Pac set-up the brake comes on instantly and as a side benefit I have an on board air system.
The other thing is the BD compressor mounts in the Pass side inner fender and you really know when it fires up where as Pacs compressor mounts on the engine and I cant ever tell when its on.

I am fixing to get a Pacbrake PXRB for my 04. Are yall having to do anything to your stock valve train or will it hold up?

Thanks
Lynn

Nothing needs to be done but installing the brake and running it! Only the 12v's need the heavier exhaust springs installed to prevent float.

Joe