Exhaust diverter valve

Double J

I'm starting to have a love-hate relationship with my stacks these days. For daily driving and just putting around town it's fine, but as soon as a road trip involving some towing is brought into the picture, I start to dread the stacks.

I really don't want to remove the stacks, I just want the option to "turn them off" during road trips and run a rear exit exhaust (hidden tip of course) with sort of a stock type muffler. I've been researching exhaust diverters and this looks like a cleaver way to have the best of both worlds. The one in the link is boost activated (wastegate anyone? :D)and depending how you have it plumbed in, will divert the exhaust flow out the rear. Increased boost would activate the valve and direct flow out the tailpipe instead of the stacks. The only problem I see with this is devising a way to block off boost to the actuator valve when unloaded and just wanting to horse around, yet still exit out of the stacks.

Is anyone using such a mechanism?
Exhaust Diverter Valve

Not using one, but blocking the boost signal would be as simple as a valve in the line you refrence it with.

Back