exhaust housing too small?

turdwagon

Alright here goes.I have a 94 dodge,bulit auto with a 2200 stall that i pull.I had a h2e with a 17cm housing on it and i could get 60lb of boost on the street and almost 80lb on the track. 3 pulls ago i put a 5000 gov springs in it and a new s472 with a .90 housing and now on the street or on the track I can only get 40lb of boost. I can get it to 40 quick but at 40lb it starts to flutter and pop through the exhaust and i have a ton of pedel left.Should i try a 1.0 housing or what?I cant find any boost leaks and i dont run an intercooler. Any help would be great.

waste get functionally wise will ketyou keep the quick spool of a smally housing and open up at a set point and let exhaut gas bypass the turbine and effectively made the small housing function like a big housing

Okay, i know that sounded like a dumb question but my buddy runs a 76/88/96 1.3 t6 housing on his truck and it was popping after 25-30 lbs of boost. I checked fuel leaks, timing because it would shoot flames out the tail pipe and i happend to have the little KN filter off the turbo and forgot to put it on for a test drive. THe popping and flames were gone. Put the filter back on, the problems came back. That ricer style filter would only allow that much air to the turbo.

Bye the way, his turbo with 6x24 custom injectors and a 13mm pump will make about 50-60 lbs boost at roughly 1400* I think we need to back the fuel down some more and get some more heat in that beeotch.

I have a s400sx 71/74-84/1.10 t4 with 6x18 injectors and a 550cc pump 5k springs set at 30* and i make about 40-46 lbs boost on the street so far so i would say your boost is not that far off.

Back