exhaust install question

meloyelo7337

have an 03 quad cab, just got a mrbp 4in exhaust (with free tip :hehe:) . mind telln me what all i will need from start to finish (ya know tools and what not) would like to have everything ready before i take off the stock exhaust (straight piped is alittle raspy for me, what a deeper tone).
thanks

you're probably gonna need a sawzall cause the stock pipe doesn't like coming off easily. other than that... how ever many clamps you'll need.

WD 40 or the like for getting the rubber hangers off
piece of carboard(such as the box it came in) if you dont like rolling around in the dirt or driveway
patience
a helper is good for positioning the downpipe
piece of 2x4, so you can make the sections fit together without bending the metal
hammer/rubber mallet

I think thats pretty much it

it is turbo back. at the turbo connection ...is that gonna be a b*t*h....it really looks like it is gonna be a pain in the @ss
...or should i just pay my mechanic 100 bucks

pay mechanic 100 bucks.

turbo is the EASIEST part of the whole install haha.

Well it's a fairly simple install on a lift, with two people, sawzall, welder and enough clamps. I know I have watched and helped Michael at HotRodDiesels do a lot of them.

I did mine in my driveay in about 40 mins with a sawzall, 9/16 deep socket and ratchet, pb plaster, a rubber mallet, and a couple beers.

CTD Express said:
I did mine in my driveay in about 40 mins with a sawzall, 9/16 deep socket and ratchet, pb plaster, a rubber mallet, and a couple beers.

wondering why no one else mentioned that tool that pretty important as well. don't remeber how many it took to do my 2nd gen's exhaust but i know it was a tool i did use :)

No kidding, it was a useful tool to calm me down when the effing stock pipe wouldn't come off. Beer fixes everything, especially when your tail pipes look level and even when you install it, and when you come out in the morning, ones touching the body and the other is almost in the dirt. Had one too many I suppose.

If you do it yourself, I'd get some stainless band style exhaust clamps if your kit doesn't already come with em. It makes it much easier to remove or adjust down the road. I was especially grateful I did this when I changed from my Silverline downpipe to the HX-40 one needed for my turbo. No crimped tubes to fight with.

You'll need sawzall and a damn good and long blade. (Measure many times before cutting)

A good socket set. A set of deep wells will be needed.

As mentioned a can of WD 40 works wonders on the mounts.

The rest of my list paralells WUnderwood's. (Damn nice job, man.)

I will expound on the patience aspect. If this is your first exhaust install, plan on 3 times what you think its gonna take and be ok with that. Drink some beer and have a good time. My first Duals took me a crap-ton longer than 45 min. After twice that I started to get pissed I wasn't done already. Maybe I'm just picky about things. But if I would have planned to take my time vs. planning to be done in 45 min like some told me they did it, I would have enjoyed myself a great deal more and thrown a great deal less tools. LOL In the end, I got it done right and thats all that matters. $.02

i read all your posts and they are good (great info and insight)
my favorite tool that was listed was the beer and i am almost a pro with that tool:hehe:
so it is settled i am going to take it to the mechanics tommorrow but will pick up a 6 pack of road sodas (beer) before i get there.
thank you again for your post though