Exhaust Manifold or T4 Adapter?

Pflope

Turkey
Hey guys I'm finally gonna be picking up a new turbo this week, originally I was thinking about a 66/68 but I called Forced Inductions and the guy there steered me towards a 63/68 with the billet etr wheel. He said it flows 80lbs a minute. Think I might take the plunge and try it out. Anyway I'm not sure whether I should get a new manifold since it has the T4 foot or just get an adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I would say get a new t3 manifold and buy a t4 adapter just in case you find another turbo you like down the road.....

I ordered a 4gsk and a set of 60lb valve springs as well. Thinking about going with a set of 5x.014 and a set of 024 delivery valves as well. I think I'm just gonna go with the adapter... If my manifold cracks or something I can always buy a T3 manifold like you said 9612vinva and put it on that. I have a sand blaster so I'll make it pretty before I reinstall with the 63 lol

Forget the DV's...they will just cause unneeded heat and smoke.

I say just order a T4 adapter from Keating Machine, that's how I ran my S400 sled pulling for years.

Really? I have heard nothing but good things about the bosch 024's. I guess I"ll slap the turbo on and see how she runs. Finally ordered her up today, it's been a long time coming... I got the 63/68 with a .83 a/r non gated. I figure it will give me room to grow if I get hungry for more power in the future. I think for now I'm gonna run the adapter. Gotta get my head studs, valve springs, and the gsk's in and see what she feels like. Shooting for like 550-600, but I'll be happy to break 500. I wonder if the 4k springs are a big improvement over the 3ks?

Back