Exhaust manifold question

EPA Violator

CR Wrencher
All other things being equal, turbo, fueling etc. Which would tend to spool up quicker T4 or T3 manifold and additionally what are the pro and cons between the two, did some searches and didn't come up with much.

T4 would flow more in theory..... BUT T3 would have more pressure.....

wondering the same thing as i'm about to order a non-gated borg turbo with a T4 flange, plans to get a custom adapter plate / external gate setup as well....

manifold or header ???

when i ported out my stock 12v manifold, i noticed about a second or 2 longer spool time, but lower EGT up top.... kinda makes you wonder what would be THE ideal setup....

Having had a header and multiple cast manifolds the header will work better above 10 psi and the manifolds will be more fun to drive (0 to 10 psi). There's no free lunch I guess.

Its just like exhaust housings, a smaller one will spool faster but fall on it face on the top end. A larger will spool slower, but have an awesome top end.

at what point would you want to upgrade to a t4? i know its a pretty broad question but as in turbo size and flow numbers, also what you use the truck for. would a t4 on a 66 be too lagy for daily driving?

depends on how much lag you can live with. also your choice of flange size can depend on exhaust housing A/R - IF everything IS constant the T4 will have a lower flow velocity as it enters the turbine housing....but then as the mass flow increases it would provide less drive pressure than the T3 style.