Exhaust manifolds

silver_05

Looking for a new exhaust manifold for a 2.5 puller. Any input on this subject? Was leaning towards steed speed but noticed all attitude 2.6 was running an ats so just curious if it's all hype or what's actually the best for the money

Everyone jumps right to steed. What makes a Steed better than a stainless diesel manifold?

I have not dealt with a steed first hand but, I have a stainless diesel on our little race truck. I had to port the crap out of it just to get it to match the gaskets. I'm thinking the steed is already fixed up in this manner???

What's the difference in a steed regular and their comp manifold?

"This header has been designed for those who are pushing the extreme limits with their Cummins. Passages are bigger than the standard manifolds with revised passage route to give more flow potential and lower EGTs."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The comp manifold will flow better but this will cause slower spool up but better top end performance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Was leaning towards steed speed but noticed all attitude 2.6 was running an ats so just curious if it's all hype or what's actually the best for the money

The center section of that manifold is not made by ATS.

I have not dealt with a steed first hand but, I have a stainless diesel on our little race truck. I had to port the crap out of it just to get it to match the gaskets. I'm thinking the steed is already fixed up in this manner???

Looked at mine today and there didn't look like you could port it all that much.

When we took delivery of ours, the very outer edge of the maniflold port fit the gaskets pretty close. From there inward, the ports funneled in at a +/-45 degree angle. I can tell ya first hand, you can port the crap out of 'em.

100_7217_zps2b98a287.jpg

100_7218_zpsd912da83.jpg

Last edited:
The stainless ports do not line up with the head. They all need to be moved to match. I've had steed, ATS and pdi. The ATS and pdi cracked. A brand new T4 ATS cracked after 5 hooks and it was supposed to be warranty but no one would send us a new center. The steed is by far a better piece. 3 seasons and no issues and they say they pick up 30 hp over the others

Interesting on both parts.

I figured gasket matching to making the edge match, not the entire inside of the manifold.

I made my own out of mild steel schd 40 bends and flanges from columbia river. $140 invested IIRC. Cannot comment on performance yet nor have I seen where anyone else who has built their own commented on performance really as they all sold their trucks, changed turbo setups at the same time, or some other event happened LOL

I made my own out of mild steel schd 40 bends and flanges from columbia river. $140 invested IIRC. Cannot comment on performance yet nor have I seen where anyone else who has built their own commented on performance really as they all sold their trucks, changed turbo setups at the same time, or some other event happened LOL

Do you have pics on the manifold build thread???

Do you have pics on the manifold build thread???

No. I will add some to my truck build thread and here hopefully tomorrow. I chose mild over stainless top try and avoid cracking. Got my bends from ace race parts. Very good prices. i was pretty disappointed in the flanges from columbia river but it will due for now.

Im a big fan of my steed comp after switching from a old homemade tubular manifold i had, the seat of the pants difference was incredible when i finally got my steed. The only problem is they take forever to get, i waited 2.5 months.

Last I knew Monster Pump Mike made all the center sections for Haisley's manifolds. And if Haisley's do it then it has to be hands down the best because they are sled pulling Gods and nobody is allowed to beat them.

I run a Steed t4 and love the quality of it. Thought of running a comp one but from what ive read/heard i wouldn't benefit from it.

you can buy the stainless diesel manifold fully ported, not all trucks need a manifold that big inside.

Back