Exhaust sound opinions

CumminsPOWER

"I'll go all in."
My old man just picked up an 09 and I'm trying to find a good throaty/louder system. The only videos I have really found are of delete/open exhaust and its really not that great sounding.

Is that just part of owning a 6.7??

unless you delete it will be very quiet it is like trying to push a basketball through a garden hose with all the restrictions in the stock exhaust, 2 cats a DPF and a muffler then a turbo that acts a bit like a muffler and lets not forget about the egr cooler that quiets it

Magnaflow 5" TBE sounds great on the 6.7L. Same with a 5" Hushpower muffler in place of the Magnaflow muffler on that previously mentioned exhaust system.

Scott

4" exhaust with the deletes sounds great. You'll need some kind of muffler in there unless you don't like to speak to anyone on the phone or in the truck while you're driving.

I've got an 09 with a flo-pro, 5" tbe straight pipe and full deletes. Mine sounds real throaty and especially like it when its cold and turn on the smarty high idle feature, sounds like a jet engine till it warms up. IMO the trucks with the 68fre's are louder than the manuals when shifting and at cruising speed, or at least thats the case between mine and a friends truck.

4" exhaust with the deletes sounds great. You'll need some kind of muffler in there unless you don't like to speak to anyone on the phone or in the truck while you're driving.
are you serious i have i 4inch turbo back all strait and i was not to impressed i thought mine was kinda quiet

I did the deletes with 5 inch turbo back and still wasn't impressed. I put a 3 piece 2nd gen madifold on there with a different turbo, now I'm impressed!