exhaust stack rain cap

NitroRustler41

i was wanting to do a 6" single straight cut stack, with a rain cap or "flapper" on top.....:woohoo:

where do I buy one???

TSC might have one that big or if not try a truck stop
What do you have though? my buddies Cummins had one on it and at a stop it was a constant tinging noise b/c it kept bouncing off the stack got anoying after a while lol

TSC might have one that big or if not try a truck stop
What do you have though? my buddies Cummins had one on it and at a stop it was a constant tinging noise b/c it kept bouncing off the stack got anoying after a while lol

yeah, i bet it would be annoying.....

i havent bought stacks yet cause i havent figured out what kind I want....

so.....i guess i'll keep lookin around to see what looks good

try cg's custom truck parts in scranton pa they will ups it to u and they are resonable u can get there number at yellowpages.com

thanks guys.

man, those iowa 80 ones look really really nice!

Yes some of the chrome ones are real BLING, BLING. I have one of the 6" Miter cut caps.

The plain zinc coated flat 6" is on $25 which is not too bad.

i'll second the annoying "PING PING PINGPINGPING PING PING..." It's all well and fine until im cruising through town at 35 and it's slapping shut AND open

cool to look at, though

My 6" miter rain cap has a rubber type liner on the inside. I do not have any ping, ping rattling. Mine actually never really closes completely while running unless I hit a big bump.
l62590.jpg

well, if it ping's at idle, couldn't you just weld on a little more weight so its easier to open?

thats what I would try.

My 6" miter rain cap has a rubber type liner on the inside. I do not have any ping, ping rattling. Mine actually never really closes completely while running unless I hit a big bump.
l62590.jpg

do you have any pics of this on your truck? i was wondrin how those look like on the miter stacks