exhaust tips?

feo47

hi just wondering if anyone uses some type of clamp-on tip to blow the exhuast up at the strip? i dont want stack's and to me just a 90 degree downturn tip turned up may be to close and damage the paint in the rear. anyone have a removeable set-up they use for 1/4 mile only? if possible have a pic to post with a reply? any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :tree:

bully dog makes a nice 45 degree angle tip. it wuoldn't be hard to make exactly what u want jis need a band saw and welder.

You can buy any elbow, and have the turn up tip you're looking for. In fact we are in process of building these as well. They'll be aluminized to help keep the cost down.

Josh

Let me know when you have these available, we got people asking for sources on these all of the time!

Ron

I've thought about just using one of these if I ever go to a sled pull: http://store.airflo.com/434-402.html. Just get that and a clamp, and you should be set. I've seen that used before. I think I would run a short straight section on top of it to get it close to the top of the bed to reduce soot on the truck.

A friend of mine used to use something similar to what SChandler is describing. It hooked over his tailgate, and came up like a "mini stack". I think he quit using it when he got his tune cleaned up enough to not need it, but it was effective when he was smoky.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

go to napa or any big truck parts store and got a 90 and a clamp. should only be about $20

Well it's official, we'll be manufacturing a special elbow for use as a "turn UP tip". These will be made with Aluminized 16 gauge steel to help keep the cost down! We will have a 5" and a 4" version, and chrome ones will be availble if wanted.

Last edited:
the rbp one i got send the soot pretty far away from the truck so i hardly have any soot on my truck (if any)

thanks for the feed back all. happened to find a fab shop in my area and am now in the process of making up a 60-70 percent clamp on upturn pipe the way want it probly be about 80 bucks. thanks again tho

Well it's official, we'll be manufacturing a special elbow for use as a "turn UP tip". These will be made with Aluminized 16 gauge steel to help keep the cost down! We will have a 5" and a 4" version, and chrome ones will be availble if wanted.

Awesome! That is what they are looking for - where can they buy them?

Awesome! That is what they are looking for - where can they buy them?

They can contact any Grand Rock / Powerflow Dealer, if they do not know of one they can contact me here, by email, or by phone! I'll be happy to point them in the right direction, and supply them with part numbers! These will be 2pc kits, you get the turn up tip, and clamp!

They can contact any Grand Rock / Powerflow Dealer, if they do not know of one they can contact me here, by email, or by phone! I'll be happy to point them in the right direction, and supply them with part numbers! These will be 2pc kits, you get the turn up tip, and clamp!

Great job Josh! We'll count on your guys!

RK