exhaust

josho5859

Keeping it straight
do u have to lift the cab for a 4in turbo back? and is there a way around it if u do

Don't have to lift the cab. But you don't need a 4" downpipe. The 3.5 to 4" pipe in the offroad mbrp kit is sufficient. Turbo outlet is ~3 inches anyways.

yea 3.5" downpipe is all you need and no need for moving anything around. I have a 4" magnaflow downpipe and I didn't have to do anything special to get it in. It certainly wasn't easy but no tools were needed for actually fishing the pipe up to the turbo.

3.5" pipe shouldn't be too bad but you just need to pay a little attention to where the up pipe and downpipe cross (most of the downpipes have a flat spot in them at this point.) Also the transmission dipstick may come close, other then that its pretty straight forward.

Make sure you pay attention to how the clamp where the turbo and down pipe flanges marry works...When I was removing my stock downpipe I didn't pay attention to this and it took a few aggrivating minutes when installing the new downpipe without another set of hands holding it in place to realize it goes over both flanges...

Back