Exhaust

JHud

We have a 03 F-250...It has a intake and a diablo sport tuner on it just to help it out with fuel economy, but we were wondering about exhaust....I have heard if you go to big on your exhaust you can lose alot of low end torque and fuel economy....just wondering if someone can give me some ideas on wat size to run on the truck....thanks

Ditch the diablo and go with a custom tuned sct.

4" mbrp exhaust with cat delete turbo back systems works very well.

I heard all those things too but haven't noticed any negative change, truck still seems to have plenty of bottom end too. I have a 5" magnaflow kit with a 4" downpipe and seems to work good and best of all sounds nice. Was all a preference in sound for me personally.

Ditch the diablo and go with a custom tuned sct.

4" mbrp exhaust with cat delete turbo back systems works very well.

X2 Diablo is bad news for the 6.0.

I run a MBRP S.S with a 3.5 down to a 4" with a muffler. Great sound.

Have fun taking out the stock down pipe in your 03. Make sure you have a good Saw Zall blade and watch for fiberglass.

K ya i know the SCT is "tha ****" in these 6.0's but i got the diablo for free so decided y not try it....

When you say its bad news what do u really mean?

I think we will go with a 4 to 5 kit and see how it does...thanks for the replies

It's just a PITA to get the downpipes out of the 03's because they are wrapped with a heat shielding material that has alot of fiberglass in it. Best bet is to get up under the truck and cut it as hit as you can then you should be able to have enough wiggle room to twist it out of there.

A 4" downpipe will be an even bigger challenge to put in according to some, although I put one in an 03 with really no trouble at all, I guess it all depends. The 5" will have a deeper tone to it, that will probably be the only thing you will notice.

me n my buddy got the whole stock sytem off with no cutting when i did my 4in turbo back, we used a lift and then supported the tranny then unbolted the cross members. made it a breeze to get off and on.

I got a 5in MBRP w/ muffler from turbo back. Love the sound! Not sure about preformance but I doubt its that much of a difference and it looks and sounds awesome!

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, I have an early 04 build with all the heat shielding stuff and maybe some sort of resonator as well on the downpipe. I deleted the muffler long ago and have been thinking of deleting the cat to. Maybe i'm better off doing a complete turbo back 4" system? What are your opinions.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, I have an early 04 build with all the heat shielding stuff and maybe some sort of resonator as well on the downpipe. I deleted the muffler long ago and have been thinking of deleting the cat to. Maybe i'm better off doing a complete turbo back 4" system? What are your opinions.

Yes do it.

I would recommend a 3.5" down pipe over a 4" because of the installation is easier and with a 4" you might or will have rubbing issues down the road.

K ya i know the SCT is "tha ****" in these 6.0's but i got the diablo for free so decided y not try it....

When you say its bad news what do u really mean?

I think we will go with a 4 to 5 kit and see how it does...thanks for the replies

Deppends on the version loaded into the predator. I have screen shots of the 100hp file in CMR they use. Quite humorous. Other than it not having the injection control pressure raised to meet the demands in other tables (hence the low ICP codes that most of them throw). It is completely missing the transmission tables.