Explain Dual CP3's to me

wideopen

Slum Lord
Can someone give me the basics of dual CP3's? How there plumbed? Any info would be great.

Thanks

The feed and return lines are T'ed off of the factory lines and then the high pressure line goes into a open port on one of the two rails. Typically on the front of the drivers side rail for a LB7 and the back of the passenger side on a LLY. I haven't looked all that close at the new trucks.

So they both feed fuel to the rails? So a factor Pump would work as a 2nd Pump correct? What regulates the pressure to the fuel rails?

Yes they both feed fuel to the rail. Most people use factory pumps for the second one. The kit's come with a controller to control rail pressure. The factory ECM doesn't have enough amperage to run both FCA's without erractic performance.

Does anyone sell a kit, with all necessary parts, so you can use your own CP3?

what's this ??? sneaky snake! no more lengths for you :poke: LOL

Duals will be a winter project, If it gets done. But If I do that then the motors coming out and rods and a few other things will be done.

No Jory..according to some people I have a far more Superior motor! LOL

now this this is a dumb ? but can u use two stock pumps together

that's how most kits come. With dual pumps, there's not as much of a need to mod one of them.... with a Cummins anyway. Damx's I believe are a different story