Explain To Me This...

apocalypse1812

Nailed It!
My Truck has the NON-Dual Climate Control Setup. So the one knob controls both vent's tempature.
My A/C at idle is Ice Cold, when I take off, and start going down the road, the tempature rises noticeably, (On the Drivers side only), to where it is about outside ambient air tempature.
On the passenger side it is still Ice cold.
What can I do to fix it?
Any Ideas of what it could be?

my truck does this with heat...not a/c. i dont have heat on the drivers side but a/c works fine.

You expected good climate control from Dodge?

What were you thinking...

do you have aftermarket radio? on my buddies 05CR the aftermarket radio wiring harness was interfering with some flapper dohickey back there and pissed off his a/c so it wouldnt change where it was blowing to

just a thought...

Seen this many times the A/c System is low. you need to evac and recharge to the correct amount. Bet I have done this 10 times this summer to customers trucks. You also could have a build up of dirt on one side of the evaporator. Even though you dont have dual climate control the heater box is still devided right to left so the air never mixes in the box after the evaprator .. Let me know what you find out

Last edited:
Dodge A/C will cut the compressor off when the engine demands power. Some trucks are more sensitive to this then others. It is stupid but they do it. That is probably what is happening to yours. Mine does it, hell all of my past Dodges have done that.

Dodge A/C will cut the compressor off when the engine demands power. Some trucks are more sensitive to this then others. It is stupid but they do it. That is probably what is happening to yours. Mine does it, hell all of my past Dodges have done that.

this is true, my 03 and 06 did the exact same thing. they both had climate control and both blew hot air out the passenger side. ac system wasnt low either.