Factory Buyback Questions

smokeycummins

Ive found a sweet deal on a 2004 powerstroke factory buyback, does anyone have any experence or info on weather or not this is a wise deal or not?
the truck happens to be at huntington beach ford they say they specialize in
factory buy backs and claim all factory buy backs have a 1 year unlimited mile bumper to bumper warranty.
the truck is fully loaded 4x4 larait crew with 60k for $16,500
any help would be appereated before I go buy it and get myself into a mess.

I wouldn't consider that a sweet deal for a 4 or 5 year old lemon with 60k. E would negotiate the price some more IMO.

Get the VIN and have an OASIS run to see exactly how bad it was to be bough back.

is anybody still doing oasis? Ive been waiting for awhile for a response

the dealer ran the oasis and there were 3 small things, injectors, abs issue, and one small other thing.
They said sometimes these trucks are ford motor credit repos?
has anyone had any personal experence with factory buy back either buying truck or working at the dealer? or know of somebody?
do you know if it marks the title?
thanks for your help!

the dealer ran the oasis and there were 3 small things, injectors, abs issue, and one small other thing.
They said sometimes these trucks are ford motor credit repos?
has anyone had any personal experence with factory buy back either buying truck or working at the dealer? or know of somebody?
do you know if it marks the title?
thanks for your help!

I went to the dealer when I bought my truck and had them run the Oasis, not sure what he handed me, it looked like an oasis, but when I went to a mechanic for an Oasis, the one he handed me, had mechanics remarks, owner complaints and everything. Is that what yours looked like? I agree the $165 sounds high. You could get an 05 for that price that wasn't a buyback.

A friend of mine bought an 03 that was a dealer buy-back. It's been a good truck for him (a few issues, but nothing out of the ordinary)

In this current economy though, I would think you could strike a better deal than 16.5 though. They're selling brand new 1/2 ton trucks up here for just over 11K.

my dodge was a manufacturers buy back. And its great! It depends what they took it back for, like everybody already said. But when they by them back they usually fix the problem, and sometimes they only buy it back to shut the customer up and stop complaining. So i wouldntbe scared of it. But i would definitly try to get a much better deal. Thats too much!

Oh and yes there is a brand on the title. Thats why you need to talk them down more.

I would talk them down a bit more and have a few items addressed to make the sale.... Re and re head gasket and rebuild with ARP studs, replace EGR cooler, EGR valve and oil cooler, and make certain there is an extended warranty on the engine for a few years and 100000miles longer than the bumper to bumper.

30 days out of service allows the lemon law process to start. Even if its for something really stupid. So if the dealer opened a ticket and the truck sat while they ordered parts and it took a while for a back ordered part it can easily hit the 30 day mark.