Factory level replacement Injectors

namell87

garage insanity 24-7
All right guys I have an 05 excursion 140,000 with the 6.0l. I have changed the oil to motorcraft 10w-30 diesel oil, motor craft filter. motor craft fuel filters new as well. Put 8oz of Rev-x in it, and also just got back from Ford having the PCM FICM and TCM updated with the inductive heating flash for cold starts. I believe I either have weak injectors on there way out or stiction. I am currently waiting on a cold soak so when i hook up the scan tool i can watch what cylinders are dropping out during a contribution test. If after the above procedure's and i still have the misfire's, long crank, lack of power when cold symptoms going on I believe i am looking at some new injectors. Pressures and voltages all with in spec warm need to check ICP and IPR when cold. Any idea's other than what i'm thinking let me know.

I will report back after the next cold start to let ya know my results if problem is gone or if I ended up narrowing down the weak injectors.

My question is for a stock vehicle who has gotten injectors and from where and for the cheapest? Personally I will probably only get motorcraft remans unless there is something as good or better for cheaper if I end up needin injectors. If there's already a thread for this just point me in the right direction.:nail:

Truck currently has 4 inch exhaust turbo back, K&n cold air kit both from previous owner. I have on my bench an egr delete kit, new oil cooler kit, international blue spring fuel pressure upgrade kit, sct tuner, gaskets and modified intake manifold.

Parts to come other than injectors if there needed. Head studs/gaskets, CAC, CAC tubes, intake elbow, and turbo when this one gives up or needs replacement.

If staying stock, stick with Ford remans. 1 year warranty unless it has changed. My opinion is to just to replace the bad one(s) and roll with it. jmho

Till end of may ford is offering rebates on injectors. think its $20 or 50.

Whatever you do, get injectors with NEW spool valves! "Rebuilt" ones are plain junk.

Good info on the rebates. Well Looks like the reflash at Ford, oil change, and rev-x cleared up my problem for now. What's everybodies opinions on Alliant injectors, River City, Diesel Logic. Side note when have people, mileage wise, had to start replacing glow plugs?

I have 232,000 kms on mine, and I just bought a set of glow plugs.
Mine is a ***** to start when cold, but my injectors were sticking like crazy too.
Once the engine as warm, it starts, and runs like a Swiss watch.