Fan cluch test

I have noticed now that I finally got my a/c working about 1-2 months ago, every time I turn it on either with or without the a/c on I hear a big thump... What in the would could that be?

Will a bad fan clutch affect fuel consumption at all?

in my case it didnt very much...

my temps were higher and my AC sucked unless i was on the highway... those and the P0483 were the only problems i had...

I have noticed now that I finally got my a/c working about 1-2 months ago, every time I turn it on either with or without the a/c on I hear a big thump... What in the would could that be?

a fan clutch will not make that noise.

a A/C compressor will.... especially a reman.

very common on the CR's. the compressor is used for defrost also even if the AC mode isnt selected. I know mine does this on occasion also

very common on the CR's. the compressor is used for defrost also even if the AC mode isnt selected. I know mine does this on occasion also

Did not know that, learn something new everyday. Plus that's where I always leave my position at 90% of the time.

a fan clutch will not make that noise.

a A/C compressor will.... especially a reman.

It is a reman. The dealership I got my truck from gave me a compressor, well I never looked at it for a year and finally this summer I wanted to get it working and come to find out it was a compressor from a GM truck so I just ordered one off rock auto.

Try running a jumper wire from pin 1 [brown/orange wire]to a earth but don't disconnect the plug while it's running and the fan clutch should engage. This is only a theory looking at a wiring diagram I'll try it tomorrow..

06 mega dually, even when the engine temp at 200 degrees I can stop the fan very easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Try running a jumper wire from pin 1 [brown/orange wire]to a earth but don't disconnect the plug while it's running and the fan clutch should engage. This is only a theory looking at a wiring diagram I'll try it tomorrow..
So exactly was does this prove buy doing it?

06 mega dually, even when the engine temp at 200 degrees I can stop the fan very easy.

Your fan clutch is toast! If I tried that the damn thing would turn on right when I grabbed it! LOL
Turn your A/C on should engage the fan!

I am going to have to check mine out, I think I might have this issue also as the temps seem to creep up when working the truck but I have no codes. Subscribing.

I can't even make it come on by jumping the green wire out. It's not engaging at all.

Reading about you guys being able to stop the fan from spinning... Are you guys completing this task while keeping all 8 fingers and 2 thumbs? LOL

Back