Fan/Electric Fan Question

Twisted Shifter

I replaced my fan with a Flex A Lite setup and I love it. But it seems since I took the fan off I have inherited an oil leak from around the crank seal....

As bad as this is, I would have noticed it even with the fan blocking the view.

So my question is, do you need to do anything after removing the fan for balance control?

I doubt the two are related. The crank will wear at the seal point and those seals aren't uncommon to replace. You may need a wear sleeve on the crank to get the right contact on the seal again.

I want to take a weekend and redo all my seals ..... the timing case, the crank seal etc..........

How far to you have to lift the engine to change the oil pan gasket? I would really like to mine, I even have the gasket.

Just enough to clear the oil pickup. It sits in the rounded bump out about 3" behind the front pan rail. I would guess about 2". Fair warning- there's a million little pan bolts.

joefarmer said:
Just enough to clear the oil pickup. It sits in the rounded bump out about 3" behind the front pan rail. I would guess about 2". Fair warning- there's a million little pan bolts.

Roger that on the million bolts ..... I have tried to tighten all of them thinking that might be enough to stop the leaking .....

You will need to pick the engine up till it touches the body, and then maybe another half inch. I did mine with a board on the balancer and jacked till I started to pick the truck up.

Cool .... I will add it to the list of things to do LOL ...... I wonder if I should replace the oil pump while I am in it? 104,000 on the clock ... and my oil pressures are not as good as I would like to see.