Farmall 400 Farm Stock puller or everyday field tractor

BlackSkyRacing

Living Under a Rock
I've decided it's time to let my baby go... It spent the whole spring in the field, but I only pulled it twice this year. Just not enough time anymore to spend Fridays getting it ready to go just to get it dirty again in the fields.

Anyways, I don't think it has 200 hours on the rebuild. If you want specifics on the engine just let me know, but it was dyno tuned to 72hp @ 430 PTO rpm. <- Not sure exactly on engine rpm as it doesn't have a tach, but I would say somewhere around 1350 to 1400rpm; we built it to "lug".

It's always been a VERY strong competitor in a true farm stock class, yet runs on 87 octane and I've never been afraid of putting it in the field. It has one rear facing hyd outlet, live PTO, and a good Torque Amplifier. Always made a 5700# class with a 190# driver. It has a custom made pulling hitch that still pulls from the under the middle of the tractor AND the stock style hitch (minus the drawbar as I cut it down for the pulling hitch).

Here are a few videos of it:

YouTube - First pull of 2007

YouTube - Turtle Lake 2008

YouTube - 6000# open Menomonie, WI

Theres more on my channel and I'll try to get some pictures up of my hitch set up. Otherwise if you guys have any questions about anything shoot me a PM or call me (715) 308 6080. Oh yeah, probably oughta say I'd like to get 4,000 OBO

Trying to fund a wedding in Florida so anywhere between there and Wisconsin I can deliver in January if you don't mind the wait...

Gotta love the TA for the last couple feet

Yep, it made all the guys who spent bug bucks on their engines making 100+ hp REALLY angry when I would come straight out of the field and beat them or at least make them very nervous. I had one competitor that was a pretty good sport (god rest his soul) about it who had a 770 cubic inch G... We'd go back and forth from one week to another beating each other, just mostly depended on who picked the better line on the track.

Oh and to hint at the power potential this engine has in it if you want to make it a dedicated puller:

It rates 48hp at about 1500 engine rpm which comes out to 168ft-lbs of torque, but at ~1350 engine rpm it makes 72hp which comes out to 280ft-lbs of torque (66.7% torque rise). We timed (and reground) the cam and opened the valve lash to move the powerband down to make the engine "lug".

If you had a class that allows 500rpm over it could be made to make 100+ hp pretty easy by advancing the cam, closing up the valve lash, switching to E85, electronic ignition, a hotter coil and opening up the plug gap. <- things I was thinking about doing anyway

Well, it's going on a local online auction, so if you guys want to make an account to bid on it here's the link

Hansen & Young Auctioneers

EDIT: it's on the third page lot number 203178

As previously stated I can deliver anywhere between Florida and Wisconsin right after Christmas, just the cost of a U-Haul and a small fuel fee (my truck goes from about 21-22mpg to 17-18 pulling this tractor).

I almost fell asleep watching the first vid... bump for some reason

I almost fell asleep watching the first vid... bump for some reason

Considering most of the rules around here limit me to 4mph, 1600rpm, and the fact that it is a light farm stock means it's hard to put on what most would consider a "show"... But it is a great starting point to learn to read the track and easy to drive for kids to get started in the sport.