Farmall 826 injection pump

jpavao1066

Diesel Head
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone on here had experience with adjusting the fuel delivery on an 826 injection pump? If i remember correctly, it is the bosch pump on my tractor. I bought it a few weeks ago and "supposedly" the engine has been rebuilt, but i do not know that for sure. It does runs excellent, but i feel like its not working to its full potential and it should be getting a little more fuel. If i put it under a real hard load or lug it down once it is warm, i dont even get a slight amount of black smoke. To be honest, it doesnt make any color smoke at all when its warm. It doesnt have any turbo yet, but i would like to get ahold of an M&W kit or build my own. Ive been around alot of old tractors and never have i seen one completely smokeless when its working real hard. Im not on here trying to find out how to make it "roal coal" i just feel like it isnt quite where it could be for power. Ive searched on the internet and havent really found much on this. If anyone has any experience or there two cents worth id appreciate any input. Thanks,
-Justin

Back