FASS 150 doesn't work

Zspires94

Well put on brand new Fass 150 over the weekend and went to bleed everything out and it didn't run.. I triple checked everything including wiring, fuses, and relays and everything is all okay. I tried jumping the Fass to see if I could get the motor to run and still nothing. I'm going to call Fass tomorrow but has anyone had anything happen like this?

Nope just ordered it last week and its brand new. I thought about hitting it lol

Talked to FASS and i'm shipping it back to them and they're going to figure out what's wrong with it.....

Well on a new note... Turns out my ECM lost its friendship with the lift pump. So the FASS is good, it's just my dumb truck. I'm going to run a wire from the stock connector to an ignition fuse to now control my pump.

Well figured id ask to see if anyone has had this problem. I got the fass working and everything is good and have fuel to the vp and bled the line and all is good there but the truck won't fire.. I have no idea why, I've checked everything.

Have you bled the return banjo WHILE CRANKING? If not, do that, till you have decent flow out of it, then crack 1,3&4. Also, you need to make sure that your batteries are charged well. Low voltage can cause a no start issue.
Also, do you have the original VP44? How many miles?

Ed

The return from the fass or out of the vp? And I just replaced the vp so that shouldn't be an issue. I also kept battery's charged

In this order, purge all air:
1. VP44 inlet (Cranking not needed)
2. VP44 outlet (While cranking)
3. injectors 1, 3 & 4

Should start. If not, check all electrical connections (VP connection can be a bear sometimes)

Ed

Last edited:
Okay the only thing I didn't do was vp outlet. I'll give that a shot whenever I can get out of class. I'll let you know in a few hours what happens

I've done everything and it doesn't start.. I noticed there isn't a "wait to start" light anymore so i think its the ecm. I'm going to pull it off and take it to the dealer to have them flash it

You have changed many things. It is possible that you have knocked something loose. Check ALL connections & fuses. If it's the ECM, they cannot just reflash it. You need to replace it, then flash it.
It seems you have been hunting a gremlin.
Please tell the whole story of how this started & then we'll figure it out.
Also, do you have any codes, as scanned by a scanner?

Ed

Back