FASS / AirDog users that bypass their factory pumps, we have a question

Hey Dan,

We make one for your kits already for the 6.0. http://www.trustedperformance.com/CrossoverLineWithOrifice.html.

I will give you a call tomorrow to discuss what we are doing and some of the issues we are having.

I started this post to figure out what we need to do for a return line. We have a couple customers with custom setups and the return lines we offer don’t work for them. So I'm trying to figure out if we need to offer a longer return line that ties back into the factory lines behind the factor pump.

Alright! Ill add you to the list then when this stuff is brought up....the more the better then.....

im using an Airdog 150 to feed the front and the back of the heads. not a stock line on the truck.

DSCN2921.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Garrett

Do you have the AirDog only? Which one? 100 or 150? From what I understand, the AirDog by itself wont keep enough pressure while under WOT by the time you are at the other end of the track. I've been told if you have the AirDog, you need the Raptor as well when doing a standalone system. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am thinking about doing something, and would like to save the money with an AirDog over the FASS if I can..

Thanks

I run a FASS 150/150 into an an Aeromotive A1000 pump. Out of the A1000 up to the back of the heads. Return out the front of the heads to the Aeromotive Regulator and then return back to the tank. No factory lines used. In my tank pickup I cut the factory pickup off and use that for return from the engine, I use the factory return hookup for the FASS and installed a new larger pickup. I found in the beginning that my truck would make the most power at around 80 psi fuel pressure. I don't know if that is true with the big injectors but it was a few years back with the Hypermax 150hp injectors. I liked the FASS for the filtering and air removal but it alone couldn't get me the pressure I wanted to use. Plus I bought and added my 150 for my truck before the 180 existed.

Some time ago, I read on another site that PureFlow was working on an AirDog FP for the 6.0/6.4 and addresses the psi issue, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Are there any instructions for an ideal setup? All of these different configurations are confusing for a FNG like myself. I'd just like to know what's best for the truck.

I had a great conversation with Dan at FASS :thankyou2:

He was able to answer the few questions that we had and explain a few things. THANK YOU.

As far as what's best for each truck pretty simple.

Stage I for every 6.0. This is an upgrade that Ford should have done.

Stage II if you have a non-regulated fuel pump. Whether you are running the factory fuel pump, an Aeromotive, a FASS running into the factory fuel pump, etc.

Crossover lines are recommended for anyone running a regulated fuel pump like a FASS or AirDog 2.

Crossover line with a Fixed Orifice is the upgrade for the standard crossover line kit and is the better way to go, but unfortunately it is almost $200 dollars more. The truck will run better, extend pump life, and is the closes kit to a full flow kit like the Stage II.

Does that shed light on your question? If not start a thread here with your setup, http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206 and one of us will lay out the best system for you.

Thanks

Sounds good trusted.

The fuel system at the moment is all stock. I have a FASS 150/180 courtesy Innovative Diesel sitting in the house waiting to go.

All the talk about regulated return, what FASS works best with, other pumps, is just confusing for someone who's never done it. I just need someone to say "in an ideal world, you'd do FASS and mods X, Y, Z and it costs $$$."

That's what you did - I appreciate it. One question, do you include directions with your kits? The more pictures the better.

Get busy with those compound turbo setups out so I can buy those too!

Last edited:
Sounds good trusted.

The fuel system at the moment is all stock. I have a FASS 150/180 courtesy Innovative Diesel sitting in the house waiting to go.

All the talk about regulated return, what FASS works best with, other pumps, is just confusing for someone who's never done it. I just need someone to say "in an ideal world, you'd do FASS and mods X, Y, Z and it costs $$$."

That's what you did - I appreciate it. One question, do you include directions with your kits? The more pictures the better.

Get busy with those compound turbo setups out so I can buy those too!

I hear you on that. That's actually why I started this thread. We needed to get a little better understanding of how people are running their systems.

As far as the instructions, Tanks250 posted some pics when he got his kits. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47784

As you can see, that we provide color photos almost step by step with the exception of reassembly.

As far as compounds, we are almost done with our small kit (still have fine tuning to do, but that will be vehicle specific), then we are building Tim's (Dalpilot) ranger's compounds. He will be using our standard turbos but in a one off layout, as he doesn’t have as much room above the engine as a full size truck. Once we are done with that and my guys return from TS, we will be fine tuning a few things. In order for that, we will need a few customers that want twins and are willing to work with us tuning them. We will be offering a fair discount for that help. More to come in the upcoming months….

Back