FASS fuel return lines?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Is there a way to make a return line that goes from the P-pump and T's into the injector return line to go back to the tank? Anyone have photos?

Its a FASS 150-180

I scraped the old fuel system and ripped it all out to start over.

I used a -6 union drilled and tapped for the return line banjo bolt which I think is 1/8"NPT and it has worked well so far.

Attachments

• P1013230 (Small).JPG
    P1013230 (Small).JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 126
How does the return line supposed to work ? I know there is a supply line that goes from the tank to pump from pump to injection pump on driver side port. Then a return from the top corner on the passenger side of the pump. Now that return on the pump is supposed to T into the return on the injector lines then what?

I read the directions on the FASS install and it seems to show that the return goes from the FASS pump to the tank. But doesn't show any return coming off the injection pump? Im not very familiar with the P-pumps so this is new to me...

The only think I can think of is that the return on the injectors T's into the return on the pump and then when you shut the truck off the supply line acts as the return? Sorry for my ignorance :bow:

Don't worry about the lack of knowledge here, most of us have been there a time or two.

On mine all I did was tee into the return line with a high pressure hose. I cut off the end of the injector return line and slipped the hose over it with adhesive and a clamp, so far over the last 4 years it has held but I have changed the hose once.

I suppose the best way would be to weld a bung on the line then run a 3 AN line to the tee. Here you can see what I am talking about.

Jim

DSC00427_edited.JPG

So does the return run from the injection pump back to the tank or does it T into the feed line? I guess this is what I get for gutting all the stock stuff and not examining it before I ripped it all out !

Here is a pic of mine t'd into the return line.
We used a cutter to remove the end of the injector return line,flared it some and clamped it tight.Then used push lok hose and connectors to tie in the other lines.In this shot it is still using the factory return lines to the tank.I will be changing that soon to rid myself completely of the decaying factory lines.............Andy

Attachments

• Various 003a.jpg
    Various 003a.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 114
I notised none of you are running the factory fuel filter.Why,does it not flow enough?I was also wondering about keeping the factory mechanical 12v pump using my FASS 150 to feed it?Are you guys using the return off the rear of the injection pump & hooking the fuel pressure to it?

That is what gets me. I did away my stock lift pump & filter housing & all the fuel lines. Hooked the FASS system to my fuel cell then hooked the supply line fron the fass pump to the injection pump. Now im just trying to figure out how to get the fuel back to the tank. I made a T so that the injection pump T's into the injector return lines but on the directions from FASS you are suposed to run a line from the FASS pump to the fuel tank for a return. So im guessing the supply line then acts as a return line after the truck shuts down? you just put a T in the supply line or something?

DART505 said:
I notised none of you are running the factory fuel filter.Why,does it not flow enough?I was also wondering about keeping the factory mechanical 12v pump using my FASS 150 to feed it?Are you guys using the return off the rear of the injection pump & hooking the fuel pressure to it?

I just wanted to eliminate all of it because it is no longer a street truck. I also wanted to put a larger filter that spins on with a smaller micron size for convience the housing I used has 3/4 npt fittings and is tapped for the fuel pressure gauge.

Here's how mine will be plumbed when I finally get around to finishing it:

1/2" ID pickup tube -> line -> 100 micron stainless mesh pre-filter -> pump -> 3 micron fuel filter & water separator -> line -> p-pump -> Aeromotive regulator -> t-fitting from regulator & injector return line -> line -> tank.