FASS / gauge issues

JMachemer

I also posted this on the FASS forum.

went out this morning to take a spin in the truck and the fuel pressure gauge went crazy. It pegged itself at 30 psi. So I don't know if the spring in the FASS broke, some wiring issues, or faulty gauge. I could still see the haze from the exhaust, so it was getting fuel - I only let the truck run 20 seconds and parked it. I still have to make sure the pump is running.......check the spring..... but figured I would post this and see if i get any responses

mechanical gauge? just pull the spring out and check it, will take 15 seconds. does the pump sound normal?

I think it is a mechanical gauge - Auto meter pro comp fuel gauge. Still haven't made it out to tinker with the truck - cold & cruddy day. Tomarrow sounds like a much better day.
As soon as the truck turns on it buries the gauge.

did u mean the spring in the gauge? or the spring in the pump? I replaced the spring in the pump a few years ago. Never had the gauge apart - so if that is one thing i should check, any pointers would be appreciated.

its definately the gauge. I turn the key on and it goes from 0-30 and stays there - without cranking the engine. The FASS still works. So, is there anything to check on the gauge? the 3 wires that plug into the sending unit are tight and the connection is good. I am guessing i will have to buy a new gauge from auto meter?