Fass or air dog?

I have an AirDog but its an old one from when they actually built good stuff.....wouldn't have a new one. Nowadays I'd go with a Glacier Fuel Boss.

sent from my kookie phone

This is going to be a pointless thread where you'll be more confused afterwards than when you went in.

I've had great luck with air dog and fass alike.

Buy something that intrigues you and fill out the warranty card.

This is going to be a pointless thread where you'll be more confused afterwards than when you went in.

I've had great luck with air dog and fass alike.

Buy something that intrigues you and fill out the warranty card.

and learn to use the search function. There is like a tread a month on this...

get what you feel is the best for your set up

I bought my AD 150 about a year ago and it's still working fine. I do read about a lot of people having issues with them though?

Airdog 1 isn't too bad the airdog 2 are nightmares in my experience. As of lately we have had better luck with the FASS. The older airdogs a couple years ago were decent but as of recent I have had a lot of pump failures out of the airdog.

I have had the same FASS on my truck since 2006 . It is the loudest pump I have ever heard and always has been but it never misses a beat . I probably jinxed myself by saying that and it will die on the way to work tomorrow .

I just got done installing an airdog2 df100. No problems yet. Everything seems to be of good quality. The wiring harness allowed for a clean looking install. The only part I found difficult is the fuel pump mod deal. The plastic is brittle and will crack easy if your not careful. And grinding the fins/ribs off the top of the module can go wrong if your not careful. You still have to maintain a flat surface for the washers to seal. That is unless you install a draw straw by drilling a hole in the tank or a fuel sump. Overall I'm happy so far. Pump is quiet. Everything looks clean.

I am bothered by the hasn't quit "yet" and "one year and stills works" comments.

Another vote for a mechanical fuel pump.

I just installed a AD 150 this week with a Beans Sump. AD has stepped up from the Kits in the past IMHO the connections make the install simple.

Air Dog had a bad spell of seals letting diesel fuel into the motor. Those who didn't fill out their warranty card got a one year warranty but still got butt hurt. The new pump/motor got a 2 year warranty on it. So effectively they got a 3 year warranty even though they didn't do something as simple as mailing a LIFETIME warranty card in but they still got butt hurt and decided to hate air dog for eternity.

I had a AD150 for 3 years and never had a single problem. I sold it and went to a 200, it's been perfect for the last 3 years.

I honestly have had both AD and FASS in the past. I can't say I had a negative experience with either one.

Air Dog had a bad spell of seals letting diesel fuel into the motor. Those who didn't fill out their warranty card got a one year warranty but still got butt hurt. The new pump/motor got a 2 year warranty on it. So effectively they got a 3 year warranty even though they didn't do something as simple as mailing a LIFETIME warranty card in but they still got butt hurt and decided to hate air dog for eternity.

I was in this boat on a AD150 motor. If a warranty is lifetime why the card? They still took care of me so I bought a AD165 for my current rig. You can bet I sent this card in immediately with tracking and insurance

Back