FASS

eric13

I already have a FASS 150. Is there any way to bump the pressure up on it to get the 45 psi I would need to p pump my truck?

150 series, or 150 GPH? When I did this years ago, Doug at PDW said that if you have the 95 GPH, the motor is big enough to increase the pressure to 45 psi. The 150 GPH doesn't. I bought a new 150 series FASS and swapped it in, and sold the old one.

150 series, or 150 GPH? When I did this years ago, Doug at PDW said that if you have the 95 GPH, the motor is big enough to increase the pressure to 45 psi. The 150 GPH doesn't. I bought a new 150 series FASS and swapped it in, and sold the old one.

I am thinking 150 gph but not sure. I will have to look.

I know on the airdog there is a spring you change in the pump that will bump up the pressure.

I checked. Under the model on the pump it just says 150. Would it say 150 gph if it was the one that wont get 45 psi?

i run the air dog but i also run the raptor. It's just a booster pump really. That's how i increased my pressure.

Ok I called FASS. Mine is a 150 series. They said it could be used for the swap as long as it is using the 95 gph pump it will work fine. I asked how to tell since it's not marked on the tag. He said there should be an "A" or a "B" engraved on it somewhere but I for the life of me can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where to find it on the pump?

It will be stamped onto the block that bolts on the motor. If you look close you can see the A in this picture:
DSC00814.jpg

As I understand it the A is the bigger pump, which you don't want unless you have the big motor. The B is the smaller pump.
So:
A + big motor = 180GPH - good for lots of pressure and flow
A + little motor =150GPH - only good for up to ~30psi reliably
B + little motor = 95GPH - good for lots of pressure
and Idk if they will put the B with the big motor or not.

Last edited:
Okbi see the A. He told me the one with B would work. I didn't see anythin but I'll look again. Thanks.

Back