faster than others

olred07

Diesels for Christ
A 6.0L with custom tunes and exhaust will ou run what far has a duramax and cummins? smarty for dodge and ppe or efi for duramax and exhaust?
what would be faster?

A 6.0 won fastest truck at the buck out of 64 trucks. they all had 2 run stock turbos (some d-maxes, doubt it) d-maxes runnin all diff kind of chips and tuners. this is just 200 feet drag though. i'm guessing it had sct.

In 07, my last time running, I was 2nd fasted truck at the Buck for the season, with a 6.0. It was a Durumax that took first.

That is a tough question,,,, due to the fact there there is so much in differences of tuners etc... but stock to stock to stock,, the chevy is a rocketship in comparison to the other 2.. once a 6.0 spools it is pretty decent, so it would probably come in second depending on the distance...but,,,,, that is about where the ford starts to drop off,, there is only a couple of tuners (in my experience) that works really good on the fords, sct being pretty much the best. But for a mild build the duramax is still probably going to be the fastest with little money,, once you really start to spend the money though,, you want to have a cummins, much stronger bottom end, better head, etc.. it is not unheard of to see well over 1000 hp on the stock bottom end on a cummins....

so with a really hot tune, like the xtreme race tune from eric, I was told that the dodges and duramaxs transmissions wont hold up? is this true?

Probably, but I'm almost positive your ford tranny won't either.I don't think any of the trannies are good for more than 400hp stock

With nothing but an exhaust and SCT tuned by Innovative I run a 8.72...1/8 and a 13.70...1/4.

I highly doubt that you will see many Dmaxes or Dodges run that with a BONE STOCK trans and 1 programmer.

Same truck is now in the 12's and I'm still on that same BONE STOCK trans!

You are one lucky guy! That would not be the norm I can tell you that. I know that my lbz tow truck is good for a high 13 with just a programmer on it. And Im sure that if I put some sleeves on it I could go quicker,,, but its just a tow truck... the real truck is in the garage

You are one lucky guy! That would not be the norm I can tell you that. I know that my lbz tow truck is good for a high 13 with just a programmer on it. And Im sure that if I put some sleeves on it I could go quicker,,, but its just a tow truck... the real truck is in the garage

It is the norm if you have good tuning and Eric has plenty of trucks in the
12's on STOCK transmissions.

I don't run my truck anymore...I just use it to tow the race truck in my sig:tree:

how bout we compare 08's with 560hp, ~1200tq with just a tuner, on a stock trans :evil:

Well, I dont want to argue with you, but I am pretty well informed on the workings of a automatic tranny... and teh torqueflite, while being a good tranny, is not any better (or worse) than a allison or the new 68re... and while yes, you could probably build a truck that will turn 12's on a stock tranny, it is for how long is the question.

The facts remain (and trust me I am not a chev guy, I just own one because the price was right) a duramax is still the dragstrip king up to about the 12 second mark,,,,, then you will need to start looking at some major modifications to the engine to make it last...

And yes a properly tuned EFI live truck will easily run 12's with stock turbo and injectors...

As for the 6.4, I have heard about these trucks putting out the big hp, but I have yet to see one personally (not saying that they dont exist, but just have never seen one) They should be able to work, with twins and a commonrail injection system,, still a little concerned on how long the heads will stay on them

Kevin

Well, I dont want to argue with you, but I am pretty well informed on the workings of a automatic tranny... and teh torqueflite, while being a good tranny, is not any better (or worse) than a allison or the new 68re... and while yes, you could probably build a truck that will turn 12's on a stock tranny, it is for how long is the question.

The facts remain (and trust me I am not a chev guy, I just own one because the price was right) a duramax is still the dragstrip king up to about the 12 second mark,,,,, then you will need to start looking at some major modifications to the engine to make it last...

And yes a properly tuned EFI live truck will easily run 12's with stock turbo and injectors...

As for the 6.4, I have heard about these trucks putting out the big hp, but I have yet to see one personally (not saying that they dont exist, but just have never seen one) They should be able to work, with twins and a commonrail injection system,, still a little concerned on how long the heads will stay on them

Kevin

obviously you've been hiding the dark while there have been multiple 700hp+ 6.0s and now 6.4s running 100% stock transmissions....
and the head is no longer an issue with the 6.4 as it was with the 6.0

Kevin

Credability just took a hit on this one....

Kevin

Kevin

I wasn't trying to argue....I was only saying that with JUST a tuner and exhaust the 6.0 will be AS fast if not faster that the other trucks.

I highly doubt that you can get a Dmax(not bashing)to run with the 6.0 on a BONE stock tranny without it limping.
I agree that the Dmax is faster once you mod the tranny and tune it with efi live,but that wasn't the original question.

The 6.4 seems to be heavy as crap and I think that's the biggest thing holding it up...but I did say from the begining that I didn't think it would be much faster than the 6.0 tuned and it isn't.

My buddy cant turn his PPE chip past level 5 of 10 in his dmax without putting the tranny into limp mode.... My street tune on the SCT is faster than his level 5 also....

Back