faster than others

morkable thanks for helping me with my duramax problem, ill think ill have to race him.....

did i ever say that it would NEVER fail? no.... but you're saying that it'll fail at 400hp LOL
and its a torqueshift not a torqueflite... PLEASE get it right if you're gonna argue about ford transmission knowledge...
the torqueshift is simply the BEST out-of-the-factory transmission in a pickup truck, they can handle 700+, and are unheard of to break at below 550hp... if you're really gonna argue that they break at the same level as an allison then PLEASE find me an allison in a truck that weighs 8500 lbs and runs mid 12s without going into limp mode... and then do that for tens of thousands of miles, then you can say that all factory transmissions are pretty much equal... just cause you have a 10 second truck doesn't mean that you're a transmission genius :hehe: and your posts regarding the torqueSHIFT have proven that

and by the way... yes ford did test the new f450 with the 6.4 in the oil fields in alaska.... i'm pretty sure anyone who was curious about the 6.4 before it came out was aware of this

Don't worry about it bud, some people you just can't reach. Plus he has a Dodge Cummins, what would we know:bang

Guys, a torqueflite is a 48re and a torqeshift is a 5R110. He is talking about 2 different trannys.

he was talking about the 5r110 but just couldn't get the name right LOL we were talking about the trans behind the 6.0 and 6.4, why would he bring up a dodge trans?

I just made a slip, still talking about the same tranny. I own both a cummins and a duramax.

no kidding,,,,,, Im a little smarter than that...

Hey hows your truck coming along? will I catch it at the blackout?

In Kevin's defence I think things need to be explained.

The 5r110 is only as good as its tuning.

bad tuning and abuse will = dead tranny.

good tuning = tranny that can take damn near anything they have there limits but a good TC and matched tune you are laughing. they still break however.

70 percent of the trucks up here (6.0's) that I have come against have intake exhaust some little chip or programmer and well I have a sct with eric's tuning I can blow them away like nothing.

However that being said matched up against a cummins and the 5r110 cannot take the torque. the 6.0 is a bit gentler on torque than the 5.9 the 5r110 is not your typical transmission.

Get Barry to build your 5r110 and the last thing on your mind will be your transmission giving out, NADP can build a damn good tranny.

I am putting well in the North side of 4 digits through my NADP tranny,, working good...

If I can scrape enough money together for the new turbos i will be there. I am really hoping for some good stuff this year... not quite to the drever level, but better than last year for me anyways...

Just missing one ingredient,, LOL,, money

I am putting well in the North side of 4 digits through my NADP tranny,, working good...

If I can scrape enough money together for the new turbos i will be there. I am really hoping for some good stuff this year... not quite to the drever level, but better than last year for me anyways...

Just missing one ingredient,, LOL,, money

Yeah... I work in IT.

I know how tough it is to come by money.

me too,, Im just praying it will be with the dodge, and not the chevy... im too spoiled now,, 13's are just no fun anymore

I remember that,, being excited when I hit the 14's,, then once you go faster,, it is so hard to go backward

I see the Allison and the Torqueshift being on the same level from the guys I know that run them. I'm not sure were you all are finding these 6.0's running 600Hp threw a stock auto but the guys around here have trouble getting them to hold that on a built one. I guess sledpulling is allot harder then racing or flogging them on the street. The Allison is the same way. We have one now getting a trans after 5 years and 90K hard miles at around 400Hp being worked as a truck with the allison in it.

I see the Allison and the Torqueshift being on the same level from the guys I know that run them. I'm not sure were you all are finding these 6.0's running 600Hp threw a stock auto but the guys around here have trouble getting them to hold that on a built one. I guess sledpulling is allot harder then racing or flogging them on the street. The Allison is the same way. We have one now getting a trans after 5 years and 90K hard miles at around 400Hp being worked as a truck with the allison in it.

Nate on here put down an 11 second run on his stock trans and only lost the TC to slippage, the actual trans itself was fine. They can take alot of power when tuned right, just like Sabre said.

I think you would be hard pressed to find an Allison or Torqueflite that is 100% stock except for tuning do that, atleast around my neck of the woods.:badidea:

Nate on here put down an 11 second run on his stock trans and only lost the TC to slippage, the actual trans itself was fine. They can take alot of power when tuned right, just like Sabre said.

I think you would be hard pressed to find an Allison or Torqueflite that is 100% stock except for tuning do that, atleast around my neck of the woods.:badidea:

I wish one would show up around hear. There are a few D-Max's running stock transmissions that do ok as long as you dont let them hit fourth or fifth wide open. I hate stock Torqueflites they suck.

Back