faster than others

Show me a completely stock 5R110 that actually is running 700HP through it. Wouldn't last more than a few runs at the track. I agree that tuning is important to the 5R110, and that a lot of them were trashed in the early days at LESS than 400 HP because of poor tuning (none, like Predator chips and the early Edge chips). And I also agree that more is possible with really good tuning, but the limit of reliability with no changes is probably more like 500RWHP. If you really run more than that regularly through them, they will break. Took care of two myself, and the 2nd was with SCT tuning. They are good, but not bullet proof. I have not personally seen one anywhere near 700 that actually runs 700 through it. What I mean is, anyone can have a 700RWHP engine, buit if you don't race it or pull with it, you may never run the power through the trans and that hardly counts. Like I said, most 5R110's I've seen take a crap around 500RWHP if run hard. With a good kit in them, they are good to 700+.

Back