Feasability of a 6.7 long block with 5.9 fuel system

Mountainman234

HillBilly
I have an ailing 2005 5.9 common rail and i have been wondering if it would be feasible to put a 6.7 long block in its place and have the existing fuel system run it. So lets hear some thoughts on this. Flame away.

Injector hold downs are different.Otherwise yes it will work.

I'm pretty sure there were some guys doing that way back when the 6.7L's first came out. Brown's diesel out in Cali, maybe?

Chris

I have an ailing 2005 5.9 common rail and i have been wondering if it would be feasible to put a 6.7 long block in its place and have the existing fuel system run it. So lets hear some thoughts on this. Flame away.

Don't know why it wouldn't work. I put a 6.7 longblock including the cp3, fuel rail, and lines into my 2003. Just used 5.9 injectors, wiring, and ECM. Works fine.

I think the only issue with fitment is if you try to run 6.7 injectors in a 5.9 head (some machining is required). IIRC, I reused the stock 6.7 hold downs with my 5.9 injectors, however I've slept since then too...

Reb did this when the first cab and chassis came out. Worked great. Made well over 1200 hp

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

So from reading the thread linked above i now understand it is possible to do but i will have to reuse my old injectors. This has been some good reading thanks for the info.