feeler trade s362/71/14 for s362/65/12

Devan Manis

usually bitting my tongue
I have a few options i've yet to explore, but i'm interested in getting rid of this turbo it's too laggy for me with my torque converter setup and injectors, it really sucks to try to spool and street drive. I'm interested if anyone, preferably local, would be interested in trading for a 65mm exhaust housing turbo. This would have to be a straight across trade. It's currently on the truck in the sig, so it will not work for third gen's and it's used with an hx40 down pipe.

i dont have the turbo you are looking for but you have the one i am looking for. would you be interested in selling it and if so how much and how many miles are on it?

i dont have the turbo you are looking for but you have the one i am looking for. would you be interested in selling it and if so how much and how many miles are on it?

I would be interested in selling it. I am thinking around $1100 shipped does that sound fair? I'm not sure on the miles exactly, I bought it last march and it was rebuilt in Aug. I was told it had some debris that clogged the oil passage to the thrust bearing. When i got it back they told me everything was nuts on. I caught it early enough that there was no additional damage to the compressor wheel, housing ect... Other than i could pull it in and out just enough to worry me.

does it still have shaft play or was that fixed during the rebuild? do you have a rough estimate on miles. i have another guy on here who has the same turbo as you and he offered to have it sent out and rebuilt for eleven hundred shipped. if you can do the same or beat him by a few buck i would prob go with buying your turbo. are you still interested?

I am not going to have it rebuilt. The shaft play was eliminated, as the whole purpose to the rebuild was to eliminate that very thing. I work at the shop that did the rebuild I know they did a good job. if i had to guess i would put the miles around 11,000 miles.

well i will let you know in a few days what i decide. i have to check out the funds situation.

02SFguy I have the turbo Devan is looking for... Its an IIPS 62/65/12 with 6-8K on it, looking for 900$. If I can help you guys make a deal let me know...

thanks for the help guys. as far as the 64/65/14 wouldn't that turbo get hot towing? or limit me on how much boot it can make? still learning about turbos and all there diff measurements.

thanks for the help guys. as far as the 64/65/14 wouldn't that turbo get hot towing? or limit me on how much boot it can make? still learning about turbos and all there diff measurements.

The EGTs with the 64/65/14 won't get as hot towing as the 62/71/14 but it will have some surging at some point. You want a 62/65/12 or 62/65/13ss for arround 500hp or towing. The 71/74 turbine wheels are for high RPM.
Billy

i have 250 sticks and it does get hot but when i had the 150s the temps never went over 1200. I have never felt the surging but it is possible that i have just not noticed it

hmmmm i guess what i am really trying to figure out is i tow a good but and eventually i am going to do twins and use what ever turbo i buy now as my top turbo. but i also dont want to buy a turbo now that will be to small or get to hot for a good towing set up.

i know that you could use my turbo in twins because that was my plan but have a lack of funds. I dont know what you have for mods now but do some research and let me know. I just dont want to give you the wrong info and sound like i am trying to screw ya

yeah thanks pickupman96 i appreciate that. who makes your turbo and what where you trying to sell it for? also how many miles does it have on it?

the turbo i have is a industrial injection 64/65/14. I am getting rid of it is because with the 250s i have now it gets too hot on the top end. I dont know the milage for sure but i would have to say less than 8k because i have done only 2 oil changes from the time i got it

Back