Feeling the urge to upgrade my turbo

bassn_07

I’ll be looking to upgrade my turbo soon and I would like to get the opinions of people using either LIPD's upgraded turbo or the Elite's VGT-SS. Also if you could please include whether or not larger injectors are being used. Thanks in advance.

I am looking to sell my beans turbo if the deal I have going right now falls through. The beans is a great turbo for stock to a stage 1 injector but for the injectors I have and Daily driving it was to hot. Not to say it cant be done because it definitely can but I got a great deal on my Elite turbo. My VGTss on the other hand runs pretty good with these injectors. haven't taken it to the track yet but With the turbo and injectors the truck is definitely awake. Ryan

Blk350on20s said:
What I said on TDG. haha Ryan

I'm not quite sure if there is forum to forum etiquette but I posted on 2 sites just to get as much info as possible before I spend $2000 on a new turbo.

Thanks,
Alan

reg-cab said:
i think you should get injectors before a turbo

Reg cab, what size injectors would you reccomend purchasing? During summer I tow a 8000 lb boat almost every weekend up some short but steep grades. I spoke with Jeremy and he reccomended 175cc injectors but I was hoping I could go a little bigger. Anybody else share Reg Cab's same thoughts on purchasing a injectors before a new turbo? I read not to long ago that I could possibly run into higher EGT's running bigger injectors without an upgraded turbo...true or false?

Thanks,
Alan

Last edited:
I have 190's and tow all the time..just because the 190 injectors 'can' flow 190 cc's doesn't mean they have to at all times..I have a tow file that turns the fuel down to almost a stock stick..its all about the tunes..its does get hotter faster but its completely manageable.

I do not suggest a higher stick with stock turbo. It is a complete waste. As for towing Abrannan is right. Your tuner can turn your injector down to stock and you wont see anything. Wait a few months and see what people start comin out with. I wish I had the patience but learn off of us. We are the people that give the 6.0 the name and nothing would be out if it weren't good.