FICM fiddling

Dumass

Thats Mr.Dumass
FICM tweaking. Okay I have heard of people having their FICM...flashed, moded, tweaked, reprogramed??? Whay exactly is done, and what is the gain, roughly. Can't a custom tuner do anythning with an SCT custom tune? I have heard Innovate can do the FICM, true? Any details will be appreciated. It would be for an 05. Thanks, Jeremy.

Get the Bank's!!! Is there really any other option? The man is a genius!!! Who else can tune a common rail over 5000 Rpm. Don't worry about the money, it really isn't more expensive, you know the saying "cry once." I just ordered the Big Hoss Bundle for my truck, even got an extra speed loader for the Six Gun. I just did a dana 120 swap and got my stage 5 multi disc clutch setup to handle all the Banks power!!! I plan on running some local sled pulls this summer and showing some Dodges what is up ;)

I thought Banks was da bomb. How could you possibly need more?

LMFAO LOL

my buddy with a 04 6.0 called elite diesel and they said gains of 20whp can be seen on stock truck, bigger gains on a modded truck

I thought Banks was da bomb. How could you possibly need more?

I quess you don't know anything about the FICM mods then? So are you just an ass hat and think picking on people on the internet is cool? Fighting on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded. Do the world a favor and if you don't know ****, don't say ****. At least an attempt at adressing the topic could have made your post valid.

Yea....he's a Moderator because he knows nothing.
You're the one that came flying in here with that rediculous Banks post....don't cry if people hound you about it.

Here's a hint...it's the internet....grow some thicker skin.

my buddy with a 04 6.0 called elite diesel and they said gains of 20whp can be seen on stock truck, bigger gains on a modded truck

Thanks for the reply. Besides power I heard drivability was increased? Is this something that is more for heavy mods? Any idea what is done? I'm guessing this isn't some thing like an IDM mod but more like a flash? Hopefully some one who has done/had done this mod will chime in.

I have had it done, and its great. Call Eric at innovative. My truck has the High power FICM, but its not good for everyday driving. At the track, its a beast. WHen its warm its a beast. When its cold, its a coughing sputtering hag. Go with the mild ficm unless your gonna race it only.

As far as why your catching hell, your first and second post were about as useful as tits on bull. If you want to have a good time here at Comp D I suggest maybe you look at your posting style and find out how you can modify it. We don't really have many guys that stay around here long that start out the way that you do. If you want to learn how to change your oil, or act like a child, you will be treated as such. If you want to make big power, your in the right place. The guys around here will eat you for lunch with the Banks crap.

Welcome to Comp d.

I have had it done, and its great. Call Eric at innovative. My truck has the High power FICM, but its not good for everyday driving. At the track, its a beast. WHen its warm its a beast. When its cold, its a coughing sputtering hag. Go with the mild ficm unless your gonna race it only.

As far as why your catching hell, your first and second post were about as useful as tits on bull. If you want to have a good time here at Comp D I suggest maybe you look at your posting style and find out how you can modify it. We don't really have many guys that stay around here long that start out the way that you do. If you want to learn how to change your oil, or act like a child, you will be treated as such. If you want to make big power, your in the right place. The guys around here will eat you for lunch with the Banks crap.

Welcome to Comp d.

I don't mind catching hell or being treated like a child. I understand it is the internet, and no balls having punks will talk crap because they can't in real life. That's fine with me. But if I start a thread, asking a legitimate question, in the appropriate forum, and you can't even come up with a way of addressing the topic or question at hand, before, after, or during, your reply, do not reply to MY topic. One exception, to making a post in a thread that doesn't address the topic of the thread, is in reply to something someone else has written as response, during the current thread. It is going to happen that one will write something that gives you a point to digress off of, that’s fine. Since the FIRST response to this thread had nothing to do with the topic it was not a normal digression. If one chooses to make an ass hat reply off the bat that is completely off topic to ONE OF MY THREADS, I will call that person out on it. If one just wants me to call them out, fine, be an ass hat, objective accomplished. Hence my prior assessment that the first responder to this, MY, thread was an ass hat and my inference that he was retarded because he wanted to start a forum fight on the internet.

Now, all that said how do I change my oil? :cheer:

Oh and thanks for the info on the FICM mod. Anybody know what is done? Re flash, physical mod...? Is it worth it on a daily driver that already has over 400 with stock head bolts; OR is this a stud only mod at that point? Dalpilot listed "2" levels are there more? Anybody besides innovative doing them? Any confirmation on whether Elite is doing them? I am quessing this is not a mod alot of people have done.

Yea....he's a Moderator because he knows nothing.
You're the one that came flying in here with that rediculous Banks post....don't cry if people hound you about it.

Here's a hint...it's the internet.... grow some thicker skin.

Really, a mod that doesn't know anything, couldn't be. I never said he didn't know anything. What I said was:

"I guess[sic] you don't know anything about the FICM mods" then?... and if you don't know ****, don't say ****. "

Now normally I would ask if I had stutterd or if you ears had flapped; however, since it's the internet I guess you just don't read so good.

As for the Banks thing, I fully expected that it would come up when I started this thread. And I don't have a problem being hounded about it, or I wouldn't have posted it in the first place. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you aren't a puller or anything based on your avatar, rather I guess you are into drag racing or the like. So, about my banks post:

Is your, or anyone's you know, truck faster or quicker than the fastest and quickest Banks drag truck? Can you, or anyone you know, tune a common rail to make power past, or even to, 5000rpm? If the answer to either, or both, of those questions is no, and we all know it is, you must admit that you and all the mods on your truck, and everyone you know including all the other custom tuners, are LESSER than Banks. So YOU/everyone else<< Banks. Regardless of what you think of the products Banks sells to the general public or the kind of dingys that buy Banks products. I await your well thought out :soap: rebuttle. :poke:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is off to a good start haha. I too have been curious about the FICM deal. Do you run it instead of say, a SCT tune? Or in conjunction with a nice hot tune? And what gets changed that one of the custom tune guru's cant via the SCT. Just inquiries that have been bouncing around in my head since i heard Dal mention putting his back in his truck...

If you have not even studded the engine, WTF are you thinking about a FICM 4. Your name is perfect.

Here's how things work Dumass...

See...we like to have a good time around here....but if you're gonna take everything so personally then you're gonna have a hard time.
I edited out your edit....I'll let it slide this time....but you really gotta relax and get that thicker skin.

This is NOT a flame war website....if that's what you're looking for then perhaps this isn't the place for you to hang out.

If you want to learn some stuff...and go through the occasional thread derailment...then chill out and hang out.

You'll learn pretty quickly that it's all in good fun.

Last edited:
Maybe he could call banks for some ficm tuning..they are offering ficm tuning for dumasses now.

I quess you don't know anything about the FICM mods then? So are you just an ass hat and think picking on people on the internet is cool? Fighting on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded. Do the world a favor and if you don't know ****, don't say ****. At least an attempt at adressing the topic could have made your post valid.

When you joined here, you had one simple decision to make, what name will I use to let people know who I am and what I'm all about. IMO you nailed it!
One thing you are correct about, picking on people on the internet is cool. Especially tards that deserve it, keyword being deserve.

Also,I had never heard the cliche' about the Special Olympics before, thanks for that. Any idea where I could find a Motivational Poster with that quote on it? I would like to use it against you in your next post.

For the FICM tuning, look here! It may or may not play well with Uncle Gales Big Hoss kit, but I really don't care if your turd runs poorly or blows up

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1025165

When you joined here, you had one simple decision to make, what name will I use to let people know who I am and what I'm all about. IMO you nailed it!
One thing you are correct about, picking on people on the internet is cool. Especially tards that deserve it, keyword being deserve.

Also,I had never heard the cliche' about the Special Olympics before, thanks for that. Any idea where I could find a Motivational Poster with that quote on it? I would like to use it against you in your next post.

For the FICM tuning, look here! It may or may not play well with Uncle Gales Big Hoss kit, but I really don't care if your turd runs poorly or blows up

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1025165

Linky no worky. Now if you had included any of the last three lines from this post in your first post... Well you'd still be an ass hat, but at least it would have showed a little effort on your part to address the topic and not just start a flame war.

Back