figured id check this out

5.9 excursion

big black excursion
Hey guys new to this forum thing but ive been told there is alot of combined knowledge here so figured id join for good measure. I just finished my latest project a industrial 5.9 in a 2001 excursion with a nv4500.

An all black Ford with a Cummins in it....I like it.
I may be biased though....

One of these days I will most likely have a family, and when that time comes I will definitely be needing one of these^^!!!! Welcome to compD

Welcome from Ohio! Ive had that thought going through my mind forever about a 12valve in an excursion. Would be close to a perfect SUV for me. Im guessing you got all your parts from destroked to do it. Anything else hard about the conversion?

the motor mounts came from fordcummins. I wanted a manual and i didn't trust a conversion flywheel and i wanted to keep my electric transfer case since it's a limited fully loaded excursion, so the only other adapter was a dodge to ford transfer case adapter from advanced adapters. The rest was pretty self explanatory, hydro boost and petals from a pickup but i did go with the trw steering pump from a frightliner chassis for the durability. I added the sensor for the tach also from fordcummins and all the sensors work like it was in there from factory.

Last edited:
Back