Finally a new clutch!

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
Finally saved enough money to get a real clutch! i called southbend and talked with them about one that best suited my needs and we came up with a 3600 6cb Dual disc! I am thinkin this will be about the fastest shifting twin disc.:rockwoot:

stupid post I know but I am just excited to finally have something that will hold some of my abuse!:blahblah1:

Great costumer service by the way, Thanks Southbend for taking my long phone calls and a million questions:rockwoot::thankyou2:

Finally saved enough money to get a real clutch! i called southbend and talked with them about one that best suited my needs and we came up with a 3600 6cb Dual disc! I am thinkin this will be about the fastest shifting twin disc.:rockwoot:

stupid post I know but I am just excited to finally have something that will hold some of my abuse!:blahblah1:

Great costumer service by the way, Thanks Southbend for taking my long phone calls and a million questions:rockwoot::thankyou2:

Let us know how it shifts.. I dont hear of many ppl going with a 6 button.. I believe this is the clutch that Ima buy in the future.. The FE is hurtin...

Peter @ Southbend is damned fine people. Southbend puts together a badarse clutch set-up for many vehicles.

I had issues with my SRT-10 Ram's clutch- stock- it sucked. Knowing Peter's and Southbend's reputation in the diesel world with holding the powah, I took a shot and called. We discussed plate load and clutch material combinations along with my adapting the hydrualics from a Viper car. Peter and Mansel took great care of me and set me up with a BAD ARSE Stage 3 single disc and it was the KING. Best investment you could ask for.

After the ole Viper engine blew up, upon removal I inspected the clutch setup and was impessed with the quality of wear. If you are straight up with the power output of your vehicle, driving style, and uses of the vehicle, Southbend will put you together a package that will put a BIG smile on your face every time you grab the gears.

I know this sounds like a big off topic infomercial- but I wanted to share my experience with Southbend's service. I highly recommend them.:rockwoot:

Well they have been top notch! I can't wait to install it! should be here around Thursday, and hopefully I will have a chance to install it before TS! this single disc I have now (SPEC) doesn't even compare to the FE I had in my other truck!

They said this clutch would engage harshly, but not as bad as a FE, so it shouldn't be bad, and I think after talkin with them, this one will shift as fast as a 3250 or faster! I read a while back where forest had made a post about this clutch bein the fastest shifting dual disc he had been around too, and that man normally hits the nail on the head, so that had something to do with it too!

I've got a 6cb 3600 in my 24v. Mine isn't terribly fast shifting, I think the 12cb 3250 in my 12v is quicker, especially the 2-3 shift. But, in their defense, me 12v has half the miles that the 24v has, so the tranny is in better condition. One of these years, I will have a rebuilt tranny in the 24v.

I'm this close to buying a clutch. I had settled on the 3600 6cb, but after some reading, I may go with the 3600 12cb. It seems like wear is a little better?

yeah, I couldn't make my mind up, but we will see how she does when I get it hear, damn I can't wait, my clutch has been slipping since a month after I installed it and SPEC wouldn't do anything for me!

I just drove up to SBC's shop a couple weeks ago. They built me a 3850 12Cb while I waited and had me out the door in less than 45mins. Awesome service! Oh and I also got to take a look at there 4bt mud buggy. Friggin sweet!!:rockwoot:

I just drove up to SBC's shop a couple weeks ago. They built me a 3850 12Cb while I waited and had me out the door in less than 45mins. Awesome service! Oh and I also got to take a look at there 4bt mud buggy. Friggin sweet!!:rockwoot:

Yeah they are great! the mud buggy is supposed to be at TS, so I will see it then!

Clutch is in!

install went pretty smoothly... well I guess as good as it could have with a floor jack and ratchet strap! haha, oh yeah and the stupid cross-member, but all in all NORMAL!

It's very light pedal pressure, seems to light, but it doesn't roll forward when goin into gear, so I guess it's ok! but damn is it smooth, wow! it's like goin from a con-fe back to a stocker, and it seems to shift quickly, or as quick as it did!

That might change with break-in but maybe not, I was told to drive easy for a couple hundred miles, but I got in it and it held, which is good! It's got a light chatter but i can't barely hear it over this loudass 24v!

Big Thanks to mansel (spelling?) at Southbend for helping me out, and answering all my stupid questions!!

Will keep ya'll posted as I break it in!

Well, I would say I have a couple thousand mile on it, and it continues to impress me, except for the fact that I need the Hydro upgrade. reverse can be a pickle sometimes!

But in a weird way, as long as I shift when the truck is still in it's power band, it shifts just a quick as my single, but if I over rev and get out of the power band it won't shift for nothing! like say I pull out to 3200 or so and shift it will be fast, but if I go on up to around 3500 it is slow shifting!

I did a 3rd gear launch (2wd) and the clutch turned for a split second, build a little boost and turned the tires for a few hundred feet! I honestly probably haven't even seated this clutch yet, as it is rated at 750hp and I'm around 500 so in 6th it feels as though it is slipping a tad bit but still pulling hard!

It can only get better, with the hydros which I will order in a week or soo!
Oh yeah, it's very quiet too, I can only hear it chatter with the clutch in, if I listen real hard!

Will try to keep you posted when I get the hydros

does the flywheel have a bronze/feramic inlay in it? Wats the part #

The numbers will be in the part# to tell you plate load! you can't go off the box, but off the tag that is on the clutch!

Back