Finally bought a diesel

boostanggt

Hey guys. Some of you may have seen my 93' mustang that chase put up for sale for me. Well I got rid of that and picked up a 99' Cummins. I suck at keeping things stock and I work at a speed shop so I'm sure there will be some mods coming. Here's the truck.

IMG_20101026_095441.jpg

IMG_20101026_095425.jpg

Nice ride! First things first get a fuel system and fuel pressure gauge on that thing before you end up buying a new VP44!

That's definitely on the list. He already replaced the VP once before, and the shop that did it, threw a holley blue on there. Are those good to hold any power or should I just order an air dog and be done with it?

I ran a one with a big line kit and did pretty well for me. I would get a pressure gauge first.

The Holley Blue should be fine for now. I would look into an AirDog or Raptor.

That's definitely on the list. He already replaced the VP once before, and the shop that did it, threw a holley blue on there. Are those good to hold any power or should I just order an air dog and be done with it?

Alone they(holley pumps) will not support a box & injectors...

Combined with a OEM lift pump is to much pressure for the VP....

If your planning on building it do it right and just go ahead and get a Raptor or Air Dog fuel system. I run Raptor 150's on both my trucks and they haven't given me a moments trouble!

I have no problem spending the money to do it right. It also helps to work at a speed shop and get parts at cost and a dyno to my disposal. I have to keep this truck safe, my other projects get out of hand and become poor daily drivers. I do have a low pressure light but I will order the gauge and install it next week.

Back