Finally,... getting a new set of twins.

OT-OF-Here

Owner of the Black Beach
There is a bit of a new twist with this set. I have been researching this for the last year trying to decide on exactly what I wanted. I went from a big single to twins and finally I've decided on this set.

I went with Wicked Diesel as a provider. Shane has been great to deal with on some other things, i,e, dual cp3s and coolant bypass.

This set is going to be a 63/68/14 with a 475. I have decided to go with a
2nd gen exh manifold. Shane confirmed my research of better flow characteristics and more manageable egts using the 2nd gen setup.

IMO, this should be a very good "everything" kit. Meaning for all uses. But primarily the goal is the 1/4 mile. I wanted maximum output for the 1/4 and not the 1/4 + 100 yds!. I wanted a setup to be strong in the launch,.. 60 ft and pulling super hard throughout the remainder. IMO this will get me there. I am NOT interested in a top end that is beyond the 1/4. That will just get me killed.

The above is NO typo. BW recently is offering this 63 housing. It bridges the gap nicely between the quick spooling of a 62 and the better cooling of a 64.

Over on Wicked Diesel's web site you can see the setups that Shane offers. IMO, his kits are fairly priced and include everything I need.

This is a winter project as it takes a considerable time to even get the 63 housing. No problemo,... at this time of year the track is shut down so I'm gearing for next spring. Pics will be posted when it's installed. NO glitz this time around,.. if it doesn't make power I don't need it. NO flake,... no polished,... just power.

You think that set is going to net you better E.T.'s than than 64/480 combo??

ETs

You think that set is going to net you better E.T.'s than than 64/480 combo??

Yes I do. I had the 64/480 and while it is a great setup,.. I don't see it as the better of the two for my goal,...the 1/4! Had the 1/4 been another 100' to 150' it would have been in it's zone,... I really feel this setup I'm going to will out perform it for that given distance which is all I'm interested in. It will of course make it a better street performer.

I realize that there will be many who will disagree and that's fine,.. the proof will be in my times and then my research will be validated,.. or not. I don't know of anyone running this particular setup so I have no other to look at for a window into the future but Shane and I feel it will get me where I want to be.

Sounds like a sweet set up, I have been going back and forth between a 64 or 62. A 63 could be that bridge. Keep us posted.
Brian

Yes I do. I had the 64/480 and while it is a great setup,.. I don't see it as the better of the two for my goal,...the 1/4! Had the 1/4 been another 100' to 150' it would have been in it's zone,... I really feel this setup I'm going to will out perform it for that given distance which is all I'm interested in. It will of course make it a better street performer.

I realize that there will be many who will disagree and that's fine,.. the proof will be in my times and then my research will be validated,.. or not. I don't know of anyone running this particular setup so I have no other to look at for a window into the future but Shane and I feel it will get me where I want to be.

When I ran my truck at Sacramento earlier this month, on the way home I was thinking that my twin setup would be much better if we could run 3/8 of a mile instead of 1/4. You are taking a step in the right direction.

1/4 mile

When I ran my truck at Sacramento earlier this month, on the way home I was thinking that my twin setup would be much better if we could run 3/8 of a mile instead of 1/4. You are taking a step in the right direction.

And you are making exactly my point. That is the conclusion I have come to also. My 64/480 setup I had previously,.... would have been killer for the 3/8 mile. It pulled super strong only a bit late for the 1/4. It just depends on what a persons goal is.

There is a bit of a new twist with this set. I have been researching this for the last year trying to decide on exactly what I wanted. I went from a big single to twins and finally I've decided on this set.

I went with Wicked Diesel as a provider. Shane has been great to deal with on some other things, i,e, dual cp3s and coolant bypass.

This set is going to be a 63/68/14 with a 475. I have decided to go with a
2nd gen exh manifold. Shane confirmed my research of better flow characteristics and more manageable egts using the 2nd gen setup.

IMO, this should be a very good "everything" kit. Meaning for all uses. But primarily the goal is the 1/4 mile. I wanted maximum output for the 1/4 and not the 1/4 + 100 yds!. I wanted a setup to be strong in the launch,.. 60 ft and pulling super hard throughout the remainder. IMO this will get me there. I am NOT interested in a top end that is beyond the 1/4. That will just get me killed.

The above is NO typo. BW recently is offering this 63 housing. It bridges the gap nicely between the quick spooling of a 62 and the better cooling of a 64.

Over on Wicked Diesel's web site you can see the setups that Shane offers. IMO, his kits are fairly priced and include everything I need.

This is a winter project as it takes a considerable time to even get the 63 housing. No problemo,... at this time of year the track is shut down so I'm gearing for next spring. Pics will be posted when it's installed. NO glitz this time around,.. if it doesn't make power I don't need it. NO flake,... no polished,... just power.

Are you sure it's a 14cm exhaust housing?

Congrats on the setup!

-J.P.

Back