Finishing out my engine right

Texasbr

Started my engine out a year ago and wanting to finish it out but could use some opinions/advice.

Truck right now
99 dodge extended cab long bed dually 4x4 with nv4500 single disc.
Engine:
24v intake removed ported and polished head, individual runner intake, fire ringed, Hamilton 110 springs, Maxspool pushrods, A1 headstuds, Colt cams stage 3 cam, SO pistons (stock for me), 180 ppump unmoded besides plate

Obviously I need pump work, injectors and air which is what I'm looking for help in. I want to be above 800 but wouldn't mind working towards a 1000 in the future. Truck isn't a DD but pulls trailers quite a bit.

Future I'm considering sticking a 4r100 in it built by BTS unless there is somewhere else someone could consider that's reputable enough for me. Would like to run a decent size of twins, looked into triples but would like to keep it more simple.

What would y'all consider looking towards based off what I've given, nothing will happen over night of course but have around $8000 to work with as of right now. Also anything I may have over looked or under looked will be highly appreciated to be pointed out.

Thanks guys

Buy a common rail, there's no way your going to "pull trailers quite a bit" with a 800hp p-pumped motor. Why would you put a 4r100 in it. Stick with a 47re and have it built, plenty of good builders out there.

Last edited:
I would take a look at what Will Terry has done. He has made alot of ponnies on a tight budget! I think you could always pull the plate back or put a regulator on the AFC when your pulling a trailer to tame it down. Probably don't need anything bigger than a super B special as a secondary and that should do ok towing. Drothgreb(I think) has also done over 800 with as small as a s362 secondary I think.

Good luck with the build!

If you want to hit 1000rwhp on a 180hp 12mm ppump, you'll need full cuts, big lines, lots of pressure, and at least 7x13, or 5x16's.

You could hit 800 with some more friendly DV's though.

When I am daily driving, or towing with my truck I keep the boost reference off of the AFC (on a switch) to keep smoke at almost nothing. Another way to fight it would be to adjust the lever for rack travel that your fuel shut off solenoid attaches to, so that it essentially puts a block under your throttle and keep it to say 50% fuel.

And I don't see many people running the 4r100 anymore even in drag only trucks. The 47rh, 47re, and 48re all handle over 1000rwhp coming from the right builder now days.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll do a little more research then before I do anything.
I honestly figured I could make 800hp and still be able to pull trailers with no problem.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll do a little more research then before I do anything.
I honestly figured I could make 800hp and still be able to pull trailers with no problem.

You CAN, but using all 800 while towing would cause some problems eventually. Like others have said de tuning via valet switch while towing would be a good idea.

I like that some people believe a CR is the only way to make big power and still use it as a truck, granted its pretty easy these days especially with the 6.7 motors, but a well tuned p pump motor with compounds can achieve quite a bit! Even on a budget.