fire ring problem

fluty118

I had mets machine in mansfield ohio cut grooves in my head for fire rings. I told them I was wanting to run a .020 over thickness headgasket, gave them the gasket I was going to use. what do they do along with alot of other head work cut the groves for a stock thickness hg bored .020 over. My block is not bored so now what do I do. Mets isn't going to buy me a new head and I just had this head ported and polished bigger exhaust valves cut in and fireringed, so as you can imagine I just put a lot of money in it. Do you think it will hold a hg being as the fire rings are .020 wider than they should be. Its cut for 4.370 id .105 rings

That shouldn't matter and that makes no sense a 0.20 thicker gasket has the same bore from what I know all the cummins head gasket don't have a bigger bore option there all the same for stock to 0.40 over bore I don't see how it won't work if he matched the o rings to the gasket

That shouldn't matter and that makes no sense a 0.20 thicker gasket has the same bore from what I know all the cummins head gasket don't have a bigger bore option there all the same for stock to 0.40 over bore I don't see how it won't work if he matched the o rings to the gasket

they did not match the fire rings to the gasket that's what I'm trying to say my fire rings are .015 to .020 wider than any kit scheid or haisley sells there rings are 4.560 o.d. which is .015 smaller than mine

Guys I need some opinions rather you think it would hold I'm runnin h11 studs 60+ lbs boost

If they dont fit correctly, it wont hold.
What I gather is that you need different size rings?

Call Scheid's at Terre Haute. They offer more sizes than what their standard cuts are. They had a whole list of available sizes when I spoke with them last summer.

Have the grooves filled and take your cyl head about 30min north and Have RDP re-cut them. They have done several different rings with great success.

Ck w/ Fletcher (Diesel Pros)

they did not match the fire rings to the gasket that's what I'm trying to say my fire rings are .015 to .020 wider than any kit scheid or haisley sells there rings are 4.560 o.d. which is .015 smaller than mine

He does a lot of custom stuff. He may have something or at least an idea of how to handle this fuxxxkup!