fire ringing a daily driver

99Binder

My buddy had his 03 crd head all worked over by a shop this winter valve guides seats job springs and fire ring. he runs bosch 100 horse injectors arson three and a pdr race twins a month later he has developed a slight leak on the pump side of his head. of course the shop said there is no way others said were ratards for fire ringing a daily driver. Just wondering what everyone has to say.

there is 5 truck in my area all running fire rings on daily driver and mine as well nothing whong with it

I have never had a problem with firerings on a dd, but with the mods you have you would be fine with a stock mls gasket and 625' s.

i figured we were going to hear both sides of the fence, one last question head or block fire ringed or does that matter? If we pull the motor any cam recomendations?

makes life a lot easier installing them if the block is grooved. Block needs to be out to do that though. I've not had any problems dd'ing either.

Dam I'd wish I had did more research on this before I decided against it. I was told by two well known shops not good for a DD

I'd like to know more info on this as well. I've got o-rings already, but the shop closest to me is stuck on fire ringing everything... Just wanting more facts and info before I pay to have it done

Sometimes we get tired of rehashing the same old arguments & semantical BS... it's not that fire rings won't work in a DD, but that they're more likely to have issues than imprinted O-rings - add that to the fact that O-rings hold more combustion pressure than 99% of what most folk's aspire to and there's no good reason to choose fire rings over O-rings.

Also, for every report of fire rings lasting up to XX,XXX miles in a DD I hear several bemoaning their failure - assimilate anecdotal evidence at your own risk.

I was thinking about it but heard to many stories good and bad with my luck it would be bad lol

to get the greatest use out of fire rings the head and block should both be cut for the fire rings. If you only cut the head or only cut the block then you are really not changing the sealing surface to anything different than a normal head gasket.

yeah im pickin up what your all putting down. For those of you who have it working perfecit what was your recipe for torquing and re tourqueing, and are you guys running arps?