fire stone airbags

I have used them on 4 different trucks over the last 8 years without any failures at all. Great system and installed correctly there a zero issues with air leaking.

I love mine. But when we go camping and unhook the trailer if we drive around when the bags have alot of air the rear end is pretty stiff. I am to cheap to buy a compressor.

If you put a little air in them and take a little weight off the springs, does it lighten the ride up any?

If you put a little air in them and take a little weight off the springs, does it lighten the ride up any?

No, because at stock height it takes just enough air to get the weight off the springs to make it pretty stiff. The only way to get the ride quality of air suspension is to do away with the springs and do a 4-link air suspension setup, or remove a couple leafs from the spring pack. Even doing that I'm not sure it would help a whole lot.

The ride is fine if you only 20psi or so in them. It when I have 80psi not hooked up to a trailer thats it bad and even then its not that big of deal. We hardly ever go anywhere in the truck once we have set up camp.

I don't have any trouble stabilizing a load or handling tongue weight, I was just interested in using air to enhance the ride. So the way to do it would be to add the bag and drop a leaf or so or use a full four link bag set up (which I do not want)?

I am just about to instal some of these on a truck; good to know the reviews are good.

I'm looking into them as well strictly for this reason. My 03 dually doesn't have any issues hauling a big load, rides great when loaded as well. However, when empty it is pretty harsh.

I'm thinking the Firestone 2299 kit along with removing a couple leaf springs might do the trick...

Has anyone done this with any success?

I'm looking into them as well strictly for this reason. My 03 dually doesn't have any issues hauling a big load, rides great when loaded as well. However, when empty it is pretty harsh.

I'm thinking the Firestone 2299 kit along with removing a couple leaf springs might do the trick...

Has anyone done this with any success?

I would put some ladder bars are the springs help with the torsion on it.

Back