Firepunk Comp 2 Transmission Swap

ComnRailPwr

Selling for a friend. All is coming out of a truck in good working condition. About 500 miles, Couple Dyno runs, many burnouts, couple sled hooks since freshened up and new input installed by local shop. He took out a g56 manual trans and put this auto in, hooked to the sled and now he is going back manual trans and full puller. Will consider partial trades for nv4500 and nv5600 trans. He is willing to strap it all on a pallet and ship. No core trans needed.

Trans info:
Billet TCS Arizona Input Shaft
Billet Intermediate Shaft
Billet Output Shaft
Billet DPC Heavy Duty Triple disc converter (stock stall)
Competition Master Kit ( includes added clutches in Direct drum and in OD Brake. OD direct clutch modification and oversized HD 2nd gear band)
Billet Double Seal 2nd Gear Servo
Billet Strut
Billet Anchor
Billet Accumulator Piston
Billet 4.2 Ratio Apply lever
Firepunk Built High Pressure Valve Body.
Deep Pan with drain plug + temp sender port
HD SFI-Certified Flexplate

Other parts included:
B&M pro ratchet shifter
Derhale trans cooler and electric fan
Fire punk ant eater controller
Front drive shaft
Transfer Case input shaft for auto

$6500 OBO

Add heavy duty big Joint rear shaft CCLB for Additional $400

Last edited:
Will be making a trip to Culpeper VA this Friday. Can bring along and meet en route
ba410139ee165322c8229b0a15637338.jpg

Probably a stupid question but how does the anteater work? What inputs does it need?

What spline count on the out-put shaft?

What would the trade value of a 4500 be worth to him, I have a nearly new Kenny Smith duel disk but that would be useless to a big power puller I'd assume?

Anteater is a complete trans controller that works off a tps and vehicle speed. We bought two of them and have nothing but good to say about them. You can keep three separate tunes on a controller and change them by pushing the button.

What spline count on the out-put shaft?

What would the trade value of a 4500 be worth to him, I have a nearly new Kenny Smith duel disk but that would be useless to a big power puller I'd assume?

The spline count is stock spline count for a 3rd gen 48re. Him or I aren't sure off top of head. He would deduct 1k for a complete nv4500.
Anteater is a complete trans controller that works off a tps and vehicle speed. We bought two of them and have nothing but good to say about them. You can keep three separate tunes on a controller and change them by pushing the button.
Thanks

Their will be no straight up trades. Only $$ deducted from sale price for what you have to barter with. This transmission is worth far more than any manual transmission is.

Turns out it isn't a Firepunk "built" transmission, rather a transmission built with Firepunk parts and valve body. The current owner is the second owner. He bought it and was told it was a comp 2 from the PO who we both know. Turns out the guy he bought it off of gave him the real story when he asked for a Firepunk receipt to prove what it is. It's a solid trans and everything is there that it said. It is a comp 1 valve body, not sure if their is a difference, this was all originally assembled by a local shop (Vlasak Performance, Kyle Vlasak) we use and also freshened up by the same guy when the current owner purchased it.. Call/text Arley for any other details 740-503-2297 it's a solid trans with all billet shafts, ready to go. It's still in the truck. Their was just some bad information given to me soni am out of it at this point. Mods can delete if they wish.

Last edited:
I am going to leave this, but remember buyer beware! Know what you are getting before you pay for it.

You can pull it down. He found a buyer and we are going to do some bartering tomorrow in NY. Thanks.