First Diesel for us

zthatzmanz28

We're in North Carolina and will be bringing our first diesel home next week.

It is a 1998 12 valve Cummins automatic.

Long bed 2500 with some lift and 315 tires tha ain't no good for towing.

Reason for finally going diesel is that we needed power to tow our 30 foot travel trailer through the mountains. We are going to do a quick tour of the western states via I94.

Looking forward to learning about our new cummins and trying some mods to improve its towing.

THANKS

Glad to have you here. I think a good starting mod is beefing up your tranny to handle all the long climbs. There are other power mods that can be done to help pull the long climbs. There is a bunch of good info on here.

We're in North Carolina and will be bringing our first diesel home next week.

It is a 1998 12 valve Cummins automatic.

Long bed 2500 with some lift and 315 tires tha ain't no good for towing.

Reason for finally going diesel is that we needed power to tow our 30 foot travel trailer through the mountains. We are going to do a quick tour of the western states via I94.

Looking forward to learning about our new cummins and trying some mods to improve its towing.

THANKS

Welcome. Diesel is good.

Warning :
Be very careful around here. Most of these folks are crazy ill with the horsepower. Read around some :hehe:

Welcome. Diesel is good.

Warning :
Be very careful around here. Most of these folks are crazy ill with the horsepower. Read around some :hehe:

I saw a few mentions of 500+ HP and thought "Do I really want to fly through the mountains?"

I suppose crazy ill with the HP is good if some torque comes with it eh?

That's a pretty good first diesel. Since I demolished a tranny in the same truck towing I'll second the transmission work first theory. Enjoy and good luck.

If this is the truck one of my friends was looking at from New York, then you got a good deal. Because that thing was cheap

If this is the truck one of my friends was looking at from New York, then you got a good deal. Because that thing was cheap

There really was a guy from NY? :lolly:

I thought that was just hype to ge me to buy it?

And yes..it was a great deal...

Back