First Diesel, No Experience

FirstDieselBob

I took a shot and bought a 2007 F250 extended cab automatic long bed, Curt gooseneck hitch, Linex. It needed tires and a windshield, which I got the next day. I went with Pirelli Scorpion STRs. The truck has 220,000 miles on it, but if you do the math with the engine hours, you find it has averaged 47.9mph. There's a little dent in the rear bumper, but the rest of the truck is like new. Interior and exterior are nearly pristine. I have 4 gal Rotella T 15w40, Racor PFL2016 oil filter, Prime Guard PDF 9667 fuel filters, and a K & N 57-2546-1 cold air intake on order. I do not know anything about the oil and antifreeze that came in the truck, so I want to have an oil analysis done first and decide on the oil change from that. When I do change the oil, I will install a Fumoto valve and have an oil analysis done every oil change. I also want to pull and clean the EGR, using new O-rings from Ford, and I have a coolant filter system on order from DieselStorm. I'll decide on a coolant flush and change when I look at the first coolant filter after 500 miles. I am not into EGR or DPF deletes, and I don't have much use for a tuner. I buy tires for long wear and fuel milage, and I do not hot rod around. I may eventually pull a midsize 5th wheel. So, am I on the right track with my plans for this truck? Am I leaving anything out? What fuel milage should I expect? BTW, I paid $8500 for the truck, KBB $16,100. Sorry I'm so long winded, and thanks for any tips, FirstDieselBob, San Diego

Ok finding out what is going on with the rig is the right track. Oil sample etc.

Not a 6.0 guy but I do know that as the years progressed the 6.0 got better.

If it was mine I would get rid of all the smog B.S. and all that entails and do the proper maintenance and be happy.

And welcome.

The name of this forum is COMPETITION DIESEL and it does seem to be a little more cummins oriented. I would look up Powerstrokearmy.com it is a all ford forum with a few cummins and dmax trolls.

Although great info can be found here.

Back