First EFI install

4neatr

Armor your truck
I have the stock manual file from tunefiledepo already saved. Currently my truck has the box tuner installed, if I put EFI in now, would it not simply read that file and save it? Or does the first time you download a file from the ECM to EFI, the truck has to be in "stock" tune? I already asked and if I go back to my dealer for a "stock flash" because of my vin # the file will be an automatic, and with my PCS stand alone running the 48re, I need the "stock file" to be a standard, which is the one I have from TFD.

there are some issues with the 6.7 liter ecm i think it is only when there was a smarty used before efi live not to sure thou i think some guys said that if you have h&s you should be good to go

Yes. You got it right. Dealer flash puts u bk to auto. Use the manual file u got online. If you have a known good stock file it doesn't matter whats on ur ecm currently.

Ok, tried reading with a box tune in the truck just to see what is going on, EFI got stuck on $0312 code. Going to take the tune out and back to stock, see what happens.

Back to stock, EFI read it fine, file says OK to flash, just going to keep that one on file for reference.

Back