First post, buying a 02 dmax on monday...maybe

drenalinXTI

Hey guys, new to the site and diesels. So a little of the same old story on my first post/question. But after reading what a lot have to say it has sparked my curiosity. On monday I was going to be purchasing a 2002 2500HDcrewcab with a dmax that has 170,000 miles. I am pretty sure the injectors have been replaced with all this warranty talk that I see maybe around 60,000-80,000(carfax not to detailed), but I can't confirm. Now I was going to be spending roughly 14K on the truck and I do not want to be spending another 4k in the next 25,000 miles. It will be mostly a daily driver for me with some hauling of a boat, car hauler, and a camper. But overall not heavy towing for the rig. Is there a reason for high concern? Should I brace my bank account for the near future? Truck is stock besides ranch hand front bumper, and really only did towing in its early life, according to carfax it had about 25000 miles of its total put on since 2007. I took it for a good drive and it had great power, didn't miss a beat as far as I was concerned. (keep in mind I was driving a 95 grand cherokee till now).

pretty much all lb7 trucks will need injectors at some point. It just depends on how long it has been since they were replaced.

14 grand just sounds high to me for a 02 with 170,000 miles

Back